MediaMonkey and Opera 10 browser!

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

pelehos

MediaMonkey and Opera 10 browser!

Post by pelehos »

Ok... Like MediaMonkey, I spent many years playing with and testing the Opera browser. Now with the new version of Opera (10.50/Unite) you are able to essentially turn your home computer into a virtual sever and they do all the guess work for you making the experience incredibly smooth and easy. So now I feel as though this is a perfect opportunity for MediaMonkey to join forces and incorporate into Opera, to BE Opera's main player where direct P2P connections can be made between people within the MM platform itself to share music and stream collections to invited friends. A MM social network of music discovery, discussion and reviews... I would like to be able to open MM and see a list of on-line friends, I can chat with them, I can suggest tunes to them and they can stream right from me, download with permission, and like in auto-snych I can set it to Auto-Convert to a quality of choice without altering the format and bitrate in my library... As a musician this feature would be stellar too because forums could be created, music sites so to speak, where I could be added to a discovery thread, share new demo's and final tracks with the band mates, auto post to my website, Myspace or Facebook... The potential is endless and the feature list could be vast to allow music lovers to "Unite" and the incorporation into such an awesome browser would, in my opinion, kill many other programs out there and centralize communications.

I've always told people that both MediaMonkey and Opera are the only two programs right now that have the functionality of what used to take anywhere from 3 to 7 other individual programs to accomplish. I have Un-Installed so many programs because of MM and Opera's ability to "do-all" in one interface!
Peke

Re: MediaMonkey and Opera 10 browser!

Post by Peke »

I like the Idea and we are certainly willing to help Opera developers to make interaction with MM, but that is something that they need to do or some other developer that know Opera server functionality.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
pelehos

Re: MediaMonkey and Opera 10 browser!

Post by pelehos »

Yes I agree, my hopes were that a MM developer may also be dabbling with Opera Apps and might take the interest... This is where I wish I knew how to develop apps.