Android "Send to" opposed to auto-sync

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

petersonz

Android "Send to" opposed to auto-sync

Post by petersonz »

I can right click any playlist and choose send to my android device and both the track and the playlist get sent.

If I set up playlists in the auto-sync and then sync device, or auto-sync device, "Preparing Track List" flashes then nothing happens.

Using Android 2.1 on Motorola Droid using the d_usbmass1.dll plug-in.

nohitter151

Re: Android "Send to" opposed to auto-sync

Post by nohitter151 »

petersonz wrote:I can right click any playlist and choose send to my android device and both the track and the playlist get sent.

If I set up playlists in the auto-sync and then sync device, or auto-sync device, "Preparing Track List" flashes then nothing happens.
Probably you didn't configure the "auto-sync list", so nothing is configured to be synced. Tools > Sync device > Configure
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
petersonz

Post by petersonz »

The auto-sync list IS configured with just several playlists checked.

Like I said, nothing happens.
mhendu

Post by mhendu »

I'm having this same issue, Windows 7 x64 and MediaMonkey 3.2.1.1297.

I've configured my EVO 4G as a USB device since when it was configured with the default plugin it copied all files to the root. I can send files to the phone and it obeys my settings for file paths but it does not convert the files according to my configuration and most importantly auto-sync fails every time. Any ideas on how to make this work? Really want to get auto-sync working properly and also get file conversions working.
mhendu

Post by mhendu »

After much scouring of the forums and testing different things it turns out the issue I experienced was caused by trying to auto-sync playlists with a '/' in the playlist name. Instead of renaming the '/' to a '-' or something similar MediaMonkey would just fail on auto-sync. For some reason it behaves as expected when right-clicking on a playlist and sending it to the device, but not with auto-sync. After renaming all playlists to use valid file path characters the auto-sync seems to work just fine. Would be great to have this bug fixed, though, as I'd much prefer to have my playlists back the old way.
walrusoct9

Post by walrusoct9 »

Random related topic: I've got my Motorola Droid recognized just fine by MM, but have it set to convert all files to .ogg when transferring to my phone.

However, no matter what I do under "device configuration," it refuses to put the files in the designated folder, dumping them in the root directory instead. Help?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »