Track Number Tagging (Fixed, Thanks for the suggestions)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rcw003

Track Number Tagging (Fixed, Thanks for the suggestions)

Post by rcw003 »

I was using Linux for a while and used another program to manage my music collection. However, I'm now back running Windows using MediaMonkey and I noticed that the program I was using in Linux "auto tagged" all my tracks to remove the preceding 0's in the track numbers. All my file names are in the format 01 - Track Name, 02 - Track Name, etc. Is there any scripts or addons out there that will let me auto tag from file, but only update the track number tag? I paged through the script listings, but didn't see any that would fit the bill, though I admit with 59 pages of forum topics (and searching for "Track Number Auto tag" yielded 160 pages) I didn't make it through everything. Any direction on this would be great. Thanks for the help. :)
Last edited by rcw003 on Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Re: Track Number Tagging

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Auto-Tag from Filename, you can update any tags you want: http://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/webhelp/f ... lename.htm
Bex

Post by Bex »

You can also try this script which fixes your leading zeros:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14822
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
rcw003

Post by rcw003 »

Sadly neither of these solutions are what I'm looking for. First, I only want to update the track number. I don't want it to change any of my track names at all, only the track number, and I want the preceding 0 (I want to add it to the tracks that don't have it, but it is on the file name), I don't want to remove it. The Auto-Tag from file name option doesn't allow the user to say only update specific information, it locks in on changing the title if it see's its different, and if there are special characters in the title that windows doesn't handle in the file name it will not pick them up. Thanks for the suggestions.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

rcw003 wrote:Sadly neither of these solutions are what I'm looking for.
I am pretty sure that you are wrong in both cases (e.g. you didn't use the correct mask with auto-tag), but anyway, you could use the RegExp Find and Replace add-on and its "Add leading zero to single-digit Track number" preset, and you would get modified only the Track number field, 100% guarantied.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
SDJeff

Post by SDJeff »

on the "tag from file name", for 01 - Track Name
you can use: <Track#:2> - <Skip>
This will tag the track number with the 00 format and leave your title or track name like the way it exist.
kiwichick

Re: Track Number Tagging (Fixed, Thanks for the suggestions)

Post by kiwichick »

Hi there SDJeff, I have just tried this with Auto-Tag from filename and it's not working. Or more correctly, I'm probably doing something wrong.

I paste <Track#:2> - <Skip> into the Filename Format box and the track number changes to the first two letters of the track title.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

@kiwichick, this isn't a universal solution anyone can use. The solution you need depends on how your files are stored. What filename format do you use? Give us an example.
SDJeff

Post by SDJeff »

kiwichick, like Lowlander said that solution was only for that particular file naming scheme. There is horror and beauty of tagging from file names! I have received files from x different friends who have tagged their files x different ways. Once you learn the commands it makes tagging a piece of cake.

Please post some examples of what you have and we'll post some solutions.

Some common ones -
01- AC/DC - Back In Black - Hells Bells = <Track#> - <Artist> - <Album> - <Title>
3 Days Grace - 04 - Riot = <Artist> - <Track#> - <Title>
If you only want to replace the song title from the 3 Days Grace Example use
<Skip> - <Skip> - <Title>

In my first post, the original poster wanted the track number to be two digits "01, 02, ...etc" instead of 1, 2, 3 .... On some programs used to burn cds or spreadsheets for cataloging you need the extra place holding digit (ex "01") to keep things in order. When you add ":2" to a command it will limit the results to the first two characters. It is not limited to 2, you can use any number.

When I auto organize my files, I use <Album Artist:1>/<Album Artist>/<Year> - <Title>/<Artist> - <Title>
Which gives me:
A/AC-DC/1980 - Back In Black/AC-DC - Hells Bells
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Hi there, thanks for the responses guys. I think maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick. My filenaming scheme is simply Title - Artist.mp3. I don't have the track number as part of the filename. I would like to be able to add the leading zeros to just the track tag.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Stop Button Freak
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Hi Vyper, I haven't tried it. I was hoping I could avoid installing yet another script to do something that could maybe be done via tagging. If I don't have any choice though, I may have to look at using it. Thanks.
SDJeff

Post by SDJeff »

kiwichick wrote:Hi Vyper, I haven't tried it. I was hoping I could avoid installing yet another script to do something that could maybe be done via tagging. If I don't have any choice though, I may have to look at using it. Thanks.

Trust me, that is one of the top scripts that I use! It's quick and easy.
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

Okey doke, thanks SDJeff I check it out.