Ratings symbols

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

retiredfornow

Ratings symbols

Post by retiredfornow »

What does the bomb with lit fuse mean in the ratings column? I couldnt find a glossary anywhere on the MM site.
Lowlander

Re: Ratings symbols

Post by Lowlander »

Whatever you want it to mean. In general it would be less than half a star. I use it to indicate tracks with audio issues.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

the image of the bomb is used for the lowest rating you can give a song, as opposed to having no rating which means the song is yet unknown for it is new.

this was started back in the 50's radio dj's use to refere to songs that nobody liked as a bomb. some of them still use that term on the radio.

same things with movies if it does bad in the movie theaters it is said to be a bomb.

stand up comic's also use the term. if a joke does not get any laugh's then its a bomb.

so it only makes sense to keep it going for the same meaning in the ratings on the songs in the computer age. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Good history check RC.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

what check? i wrote that from memory, i could have gone back to the first use of the word bomb for this stuff but i didn't want to show my age. :roll: :lol: ah why not.

the word was used after the atomic bomb was dropped in ww 2., before that they use to say flop for a bad song,
but one dj started to bust the wax disk's on air when the song was bad and the sound of breaking disks was heard over the airwave's thus causing a exploding sound which prompted the remarks of it being a bomb of a record. or that blew up like the a bomb, and so on with different varied styles of that comment. so they kept saying it in shorter time which ended up with the words "thats a bomb" being used.

:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
dabby33

Post by dabby33 »

Thanks for letting me know about other good stuff !
Dodgy Squirrel

Post by Dodgy Squirrel »

If a song is so bad that it deserves a bomb I'd delete it from my library.
donector

Post by donector »

Dodgy Squirrel wrote:If a song is so bad that it deserves a bomb I'd delete it from my library.
good point, same here

that makes sense usually for a radio which broadcasts what their customers (IE labels) demands...no much for a non profit collection