MM disables my computer's main toolbar

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

kelsey

MM disables my computer's main toolbar

Post by kelsey »

When I load mediamonkey, it seems to keep the Windows taskbar from updating. Any windows that were open prior to loading MM are still accessible from the taskbar, and MM shows up there, but no window (from any program) that I open afterwards shows up in the taskbar, and any program/window opened after MM will disappear completely upon minimization. If I close MM, the windows opened after MM will reappear in the taskbar as normal after a second. This doesn't seem to affect the tray - programs that have some sort of effect on the tray will still show up there even if opened after MM, but not in the taskbar. I run into the same problem whether or not I'm connected to the Internet and whether or not MM is set to minimize to the taskbar or the tray. There seems to be no correlation between this bug and the other programs that are open. I'm running version 2.0, build 1.557, unregistered, on a Windows 98 computer.

Please help - I love MM's features, but this bug makes my computer unusable!

--kelsey
rusty

MM 2.0.2 beta fixes W9x / ME taskbar problem

Post by rusty »

Kelsey, the System Tray problem which occured with MM 2.0 on some W9x and ME systems has been resolved in the MM 2.0.2 betas. Try downloading the latest beta from the beta forum: http://www.songs-db.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6

-Rusty
Trippy

Mediamonkey messing up my start bar

Post by Trippy »

im running win 98Se, and im getting the same problem, but im reluctant to get the beta , since i dont normally beta test stuff... ive got IE 5.5 SP2 if this hepls any of your developers. Im running to 2.0 that you dl from the website
Lowlander

Well

Post by Lowlander »

Well,

As this is a bug that occurs with version 2.0 (last non-beta version) you'll either have to wait till a new full version comes out or do try the beta. The beta's so far have worked very well and I would advice you to read the beta forum and then decide to wait or go ahead with trying a beta of MM.

I'm using the beta's and I'm very satisfied. I hope this helps you decide what to do.