Remote Speaker Output - Configuration Help Anyone..??

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

hughmacph

Remote Speaker Output - Configuration Help Anyone..??

Post by hughmacph »

Hi - Needing a bit help in config-ing Eric MIlles RSO output plug-in for MM.

Using fairly new Sony VAIO touchscreen desktop PC, running Windows 7. MM version 3.2.2.1299 that I am trying to stream to an Apple Airport connected to my hi-fi. The Airport successfully connects to my iTunes and I can control my iTunes library using the "Remote" app on my iPhone 3GS, but I'd like to use "Remote" to stream my MM library to the Apple Airport . I have downloaded the trial version of Remote Speaker Output 2.5.0.0 from Eric's software blog, ensuring the file out_apx.dll is in the Plug-In directory of Media Monkey. I have also installed the correct version (ie older one) of Bonjour, using a link also on Eric's site.

When I load up Media Monkey, a dialog box warns "Cannot locate pcgw32.dll" When I look at the plug-in directory, the file pcgw32.dll is in the plug-in folder, along another dll file called pcgw32_rso.dll (which I guess looks like some sort of RSO variant or linking file).

If I acknowledge the dialog, Media Monkey contrinues to load, but the RSO plug-in is not visible within the Tools > Options > Ouput Plug-Ins window. I haven't yet bought either the $10 or $25 licence yet, as I would want to ensure the trial version works first, before throwwing cash at it.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Hugh
Melloware

Re: Remote Speaker Output - Configuration Help Anyone..??

Post by Melloware »

Did you try emailing Eric Mille's on his website??? He was very helpful when his plugin had a conflict with my plugin MonkeyTunes.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
MonkeyTunes - DACP Server for MediaMonkey
Intelliremote - Take Back Control of your HTPC!
hughmacph

Post by hughmacph »

Melloware wrote:Did you try emailing Eric Mille's on his website??? He was very helpful when his plugin had a conflict with my plugin MonkeyTunes.
Thanks - I'll try and make contact with him via his site.

Hugh

PS I also use MonkeyTunes - could that be causing RSO problems...?? Just a thought....
Melloware

Post by Melloware »

hughmacph wrote:PS I also use MonkeyTunes - could that be causing RSO problems...?? Just a thought....
It might be. See this post when I discovered RemoteSpeakers was causing interference and what Eric did to fix his code.

http://forum.melloware.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7889
Melloware Inc.
MonkeyTunes - DACP Server for MediaMonkey
Intelliremote - Take Back Control of your HTPC!
emilles

Post by emilles »

hughmacph wrote:When I load up Media Monkey, a dialog box warns "Cannot locate pcgw32.dll" When I look at the plug-in directory, the file pcgw32.dll is in the plug-in folder, along another dll file called pcgw32_rso.dll (which I guess looks like some sort of RSO variant or linking file).
pcgw32.dll and pcgw32_rso.dll should go in the same folder as MediaMonkey, not its plugins. If you move the files, the issue should be fixed. However, it is best to use the installer, choosing the MM directory instead of the Winamp directory, to manage this. If any new files are added, you would not need to do any additional work if using the installer to manage.
Remote Speakers output plug-in
Stream audio from MediaMonkey to any AirPlay device
hughmacph

Post by hughmacph »

emilles wrote:
hughmacph wrote:When I load up Media Monkey, a dialog box warns "Cannot locate pcgw32.dll" When I look at the plug-in directory, the file pcgw32.dll is in the plug-in folder, along another dll file called pcgw32_rso.dll (which I guess looks like some sort of RSO variant or linking file).
pcgw32.dll and pcgw32_rso.dll should go in the same folder as MediaMonkey, not its plugins. If you move the files, the issue should be fixed. However, it is best to use the installer, choosing the MM directory instead of the Winamp directory, to manage this. If any new files are added, you would not need to do any additional work if using the installer to manage.
Hi Eric

I uninstalled all files installed for RSO (including pcgw32.dll and pcgw32_rso.dll) and started again with the installer. I think I had manually moved them at one stage to see if this would "fix" loading of MM & RSO.

The installer correctly places the 2 x pcgw32 files in MediaMonkey and the out_apx.dll in the plug-ins directory. Alas, it is still not working. When I start MM, the black dialog box showing MM is loading appears, but MM does not start. If I look in Windows Task manager, I can see an application "Remote Speakers Ouput" is loading, and if I hover the mouse over the MM icon in the toolbar, I can see the RSO "Evlauate/Activate/Days Remaining" dialog box, but it does not fully load to allow me to select any of the options. I am kept in limbo - I have to "kill" the RSO application in Windows Task Manager which allows MM to fully load (RSO plug-in not visible in Tools > Options > Player etc).

I'm really stuck here and I really want to use RSO...!! Bought a nice new shiny Airport to stream all my MM content and Remote Speaker was my last linkin the chain!! Any suggestions would be very gratefully received. Please let me know if you need more info or detail. Thanks again, Eric.

Hugh
emilles

Post by emilles »

You could try installing Winamp lite quickly to see if the activation dialog works there. If you can get the plug-in registered with Winamp, it will also be registered for MM. Then, MM might be able to start up normally. (Once the plug-in is registered, you could uninstall Winamp.) I'll also see if I can put together a more recent build for you to test, but that may take a day or two.
hughmacph

Post by hughmacph »

emilles wrote:You could try installing Winamp lite quickly to see if the activation dialog works there. If you can get the plug-in registered with Winamp, it will also be registered for MM. Then, MM might be able to start up normally. (Once the plug-in is registered, you could uninstall Winamp.) I'll also see if I can put together a more recent build for you to test, but that may take a day or two.
Ok, thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that later and post back the outcome.

Thanks

Hugh
emilles

Post by emilles »

Could you try running this version of Remote Speakers output with MediaMonkey to see if the startup issue is still occurring? http://emilles.dyndns.org/software/out_ ... -3.0b7.zip

Eric
hughmacph

Post by hughmacph »

emilles wrote:Could you try running this version of Remote Speakers output with MediaMonkey to see if the startup issue is still occurring? http://emilles.dyndns.org/software/out_ ... -3.0b7.zip

Eric
Hi Eric

Sorry, been busy with work commitments for last few days. I've not tried the WinAmp suggestion mentioned earlier, but I did try this version of RSO. The same issue is occurring. The MM black start-up screen loads, and RSO is loading when viewed through Windows Task Manager, but MM does not fully load. I have to "End Task" for the RSO option in Task Manager for MM to load. Once up and running, RSO is not visible in Tools > Options> Player.

Two minor observations
(1) When I hover the mouse over the loading MM on the task-bar, I can't seen the RSO "days remaining" window - I could view this when I hovered over the earlier versions
(2) On my first attempt at setting this up, I copied the files to the MM directory (but ommitted to copy the out_apx.dll file to the plug-in directory). On this first attempt, MM loaded OK, but the plug-in was not visible in Tools > Options> Player etc.

Not sure if these help narrow-down what my problem is. I'll try the WinAmp suggestion from an earlier post, but it may be a day or two before I can get it done. Thanks again for your continued assistance here.

Hugh
emilles

Post by emilles »

I was able to recreate the problem on my Windows XP box with MediaMonkey 3.2.2.1300. I vaguely remember this same issue with an earlier version of MM and I thought they made a change to fix it. I am thinking we should submit this as a MM bug to be fixed in a future version. In the meantime, I'll see if there is anything that can be done quickly in my plug-in to work around the problem.
emilles

Post by emilles »

It looks like running MM with the /NoSplash option (to disable the splash screen during startup) is a viable workaround. I was able to correctly interact with the Remote Speakers output dialog box and continue on to start MM normally.

To disable the splash screen, right-click your MediaMonkey shortcut and add /NoSplash to the Target. So, for example, my MediaMonkey shortcut is:

"C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.exe" /NoSplash

You could also enter that in the Start > Run dialog to test it quickly before going through the effort of changing your shortcut(s).
hughmacph

Post by hughmacph »

emilles wrote:You could also enter that in the Start > Run dialog to test it quickly before going through the effort of changing your shortcut(s).
Starman!!

Tried this with the switch "\nosplash" (note the capitalisation) and I'm in!! I can see the Remote Speakers in the Outputs plug-in. I'm now away to do some testing!!

Many thanks Eric - looking forward to sending you USD25 shortly.

Best wishes from Scotland

Hugh
chauncey

Post by chauncey »

Just wanted to let you know that I had the same problem accessing the Remote Speaker (v2.5) dialog box when I started MM (3.2.2.1300). I added /NoSplash to the shortcut path and it worked. Now I'm just waiting for my activation code! Thanks Eric!
New2MM

Post by New2MM »

Trying out the Remote Speaker Output plugin along with MM. I used the /nosplash option since the activation dialog box gets hidden behind the Splash screen. However, on continuing to use the trial version, MM crashes and exits. I do not have the airport express connected yet (it's enroute to me) ... will this cause MM to crash and exit? I am using MM version 3.2.3.

[Update] I uninstalled the remote speaker software and MediaMonkey works without crashing.