New MediaMonkey Version

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Ability to show all Tabs Toolbar even only single Tab is used?

You may select up to 2 options

View results

Re: New MediaMonkey Version

Post by Guest »

Well, yeah the tab seem to be implemented in the new build as you pointed out. Sorry about that.

The way I know the visual features won't be is because I read it on this very forum. It might even have been you answering a question about the new skinning functions.

Found it. Look here : http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=42738

I don't want to come across as negative. I think MM is probably still the best out there and I appreciate the many amazing efforts of the skinners but I really wished MM was given a big visual boost. But apparently, I don't have all the info to really know what I'm talking about so I'll just shut up and wait.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That post is not representative of what is possible as it's old and newer posts are by people who haven't seen MediaMonkey 4.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the info Lowlander. Is there anyway to get a sneak peek of what MM4's interface / skinning will be capable of besides the developer's log?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Guest wrote:
Found it. Look here : http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=42738
That post is over a year old, MM4 wasn't even on the radar at that point.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, besides the Mantis entries you'll just have to wait patiently like the rest of us.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Lowlander wrote:That post is not representative of what is possible as it's old and newer posts are by people who haven't seen MediaMonkey 4.
yep my new post replys in that thread are made by someone that has not seen any part of mm 4.
but i have been told by some people that have what is going to be going on with the skinning of mm 4 so my last replys
in that thread that say its not going to be changed any more then the win7 style are correct.
and they are not a year old just a few weeks from this date.

:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

Post by Guest »

So which is it? Just aero or more?
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Blake wrote:
durden999uk wrote: Any chance of a screenshot to give us a glimpse?
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/file_ ... 0&type=bug

http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/file_ ... 8&type=bug
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
thankful guest

Post by thankful guest »

Thank you guys!

Whoever wrote the wiki entry : WOW!!!! Thank you!
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

That's the developer(s).
Surprised Guest

Post by Surprised Guest »

Oh, really? That's surprising as it looked so much more noob friendly than the Mantis repository. Anyway, thank you! Now, I can't wait to try it out. :D :D :D
durden999uk

Post by durden999uk »

Many thanks to the posters who've furnished me with all this new info about MM4 - I can safely say that I am very, very excited about the new developments! Looking forward to those public betas so I can try it out first hand... :D
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

All I can say is, WOW!
--
The gpzbc
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

The screenshot says: "Tabs, modeled after Chrome, are configurable (enabled by default)..." Well, I am not using Chrome and don't know how it looks like, so I don't know what "enabled by default" means. I would like to see an option "Show tab header also when there is only one tab" as it is in Total Commander, if it is not already implemented. I really don't like to waste a screen space on just one displayed tab.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2