Ipod+Last.fm

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Sarah-Sahara

Ipod+Last.fm

Post by Sarah-Sahara »

Hey Everybody (Excuse my english, it's a little wobbly)
Since i choose to send iTunes to hell and buy the MM Gold it's finally fun again to have a big library xD
I discovered a lot of great features so far, but still, one thing I'm unable to manage:
I'm synching my iPod Classic with MM (everythings fine with that), but I dont get how to scroble to song i listend to on the iPod to last.fm. If i listen to them with MM the scrobeling works perfekt, but not with the plays on the iPod...is there anything i can do?

I hope that someone can help, would be so great!

Cheers!
Sarah
nohitter151

Re: Ipod+Last.fm

Post by nohitter151 »

I use QT scrobbler:
http://qtscrob.sourceforge.net/

Just a 3rd party program that you download, run, and submit the plays.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

Just to add to what nohitter said:

qtscrobbler can even be saved on your iPod Classic itself, so you can scrobble plays on it no matter what computer you plug it into.

It is also important to note that you have to run qtscrobbler and scrobble the playcounts from the iPod before you start MM and sync your iPod to it. Once you do that, the playcounts will be erased from the iPod and you can't scrobble them.
shawn

Post by shawn »

TJOHO wrote:qtscrobbler can even be saved on your iPod Classic itself, so you can scrobble plays on it no matter what computer you plug it into.
Whoa. This sounds fantastic! Is it a simple matter of copying the qtscrob.exe file over to my iPod classic using (for example) Windows Explorer? Do I need to be mindful of where I save it (should I drop it in the iPod drive's root directory?), or may I save it anyplace I wish?

I'm very eager to try this but I'm terrified that I'm going to screw something up, so I'll wait to hear back from you.

Thank you so much!!! :D :D :D

MediaMonkey version 3.2.0.1294 Gold
Windows 7 Professional

TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

shawn wrote:
Whoa. This sounds fantastic! Is it a simple matter of copying the qtscrob.exe file over to my iPod classic using (for example) Windows Explorer? Do I need to be mindful of where I save it (should I drop it in the iPod drive's root directory?), or may I save it anyplace I wish?

I'm very eager to try this but I'm terrified that I'm going to screw something up, so I'll wait to hear back from you.

Thank you so much!!! :D :D :D
It is definitely just a matter of copying over the .exe file - it is a standalone/portable app that doesn't have to be installed to run.
I left my iPod Classic at work (I rarely use it now that I have an iPhone), or I would have plugged it in and checked for you, but I'm pretty sure it can be saved in root or any folder you make for it. I'd stay away from the system folders that the iPod itself uses; other than that you're fine.

But then that goes for storing anything in disk mode. Basically, you're just storing a file on your Classic, using its memory as you would a USB stick, it just happens to be an .exe file rather than .doc, .jpg, or whatever. The iPod won't interact with it, and when you run it on your computer, your computer uses it as it would if it were stored on a USB stick. There really isn't anything to screw up.

If you're really terrified, you may want to google to get a second opinion, but I've done this for at least a year, probably two, without incident.
shawn

Post by shawn »

TJOHO wrote:
No second opinion needed. Your diligent reply definitely hit the mark. :wink:

I just tried it out — running the .exe straight from the root dir — and everything worked flawlessly. The autorun.inf file I dropped in the root worked as well, causing QTScrobbler to immediately launch automatically from the iPod whenever I connect it to a computer (presumably any computer).

Thanks for replying back, and for being so quick and thorough about it! :D

Windows 7 Professional

TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

Happy to hear it!
Actually, I would have put in an autorun.inf myself if it weren't such a common target for viruses to infect and spread with.
shawn

Post by shawn »

TJOHO wrote:Happy to hear it!
Actually, I would have put in an autorun.inf myself if it weren't such a common target for viruses to infect and spread with.
Oh. =I
I'll have to rethink that one then. TY for the heads up.

Windows 7 Professional