Magic Nodes 1.3b (IS OUTDATED SEE NOTE IN FIRST POST)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

karimleo

Post by karimleo »

I installed MN 1.3 and I keep getting an error message

Error 1024 VB Script Error. Any ideas what it could be?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

eagle4ever wrote:I installed MN 1.3 and I keep getting an error message

Error 1024 VB Script Error. Any ideas what it could be?
Do you get any other more specific error messages? Are the magic nodes entries added to the Edit menu?
zarkie

Post by zarkie »

I want to add more than one type of information on the same level, like <Genre>/<Artist> - <Album> but can't find a way to do it.

It works when I can sort by function, as with my Album Artist node:

Code: Select all

Album Artist by Year|child of:artist\<album artist|min tracks:6>\<album|sort by:max(year)|sort order:asc>
This will give me <Album Artist>/<Year> - <Album>

Now what I want is one sorted on genre, where I want something like this:

<Genre>/<Artist> - <Album>.

Here is what I currently have:

Albums by Genre\<genre|min tracks:20>\<album|min tracks:6>
Can anyone help my to display the artist name in front of the album name on the same level?

I've tried with sort by and group by which don't seem to support artist as a field.

TJ
darchangel

Post by darchangel »

is there a way to do the following with magic nodes? i have genres seperated out with seperate subgenres by a delimiter (i use a comma then a space but i'd like to be able to specify any delimiter). right now my nodes look flat like this:

Electronic, House
Electronic, Trance
Rock, Alternative
Rock, Grunge
i'd like them to expand/collapse/cascade like this:

Electronic
  House
  Trance
Rock
  Alternative
  Grunge
also, if changing to a 1 character delimiter would be necessary, that would be easy to do, but obviously i'd like to keep it as is if possible.

currently, my genres have at most 1 genre but i'd be great to be able to specify more. even better if when clicking on the parent genre that you could see all children but that part's probably a pipe dream

EDIT: d'oh. I see now that 'left of'/'right of' does the trick. I ought to have read that better. In my defense though, it was very hard to find. It's only listed briefly in this thread and in the 'what's new' section on the main page. This is a WONDERFUL feature. Can it be published in some of your examples?
Eminent

Post by Eminent »

MediaMonkey doesn't ignore the "The" in in all relevant artist names when I'm using this Magic Node:

Artist|child of:Location\<artist>\<album|sort by:max(year)|sort order:desc>
Any ideas on how to fix this?
darchangel

Post by darchangel »

Eminent wrote:MediaMonkey doesn't ignore the "The" in in all relevant artist names when I'm using this Magic Node:

Artist|child of:Location\<artist>\<album|sort by:max(year)|sort order:desc>
Any ideas on how to fix this?
i noticed the same thing
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7210
gtbuzz

Post by gtbuzz »

The other new MM feature I'd like to see added to MagicNodes is the No Folder indicator if there are no results below a particular level that can have results (i.e. an Artist with no Albums). Cleans up the UI nicely.
MagGyver

Post by MagGyver »

Hi Pablo & others,

At long last I am returning to this thread to try and get Magic Nodes working again. I was in the midst of moving back from Hawaii when I last posted in here; now I'm settled and would love to get this working as its functionality is exactly what I've been looking for.

I'm using MM 2.5.1 (Gold) and there is only one copy of Magic Nodes 1.3 in my scripts/auto folder. Here is the message I get:

"Error #457 - Microsoft VBScript Runtime Error
The key is already associated with an element in this collection
File: "C:\Program Files\Mediamonkey_2.5.1\Scripts\Auto\MagicNodes.1.3.vbs", Line: 81, Column: 1 "

Then I click OK. Then I see another error window:

"Error Happened During Script Execution:
The key is already associated with an element in this collection."

As per your suggestion, I opened the script in Notepad to add a ' character in front of line 81 but I get the same message upon opening, with the same line number. This may be an ignorant question, but how do I determine which line is Line 81? I started from the top line of the script (which is a comment) and counted down 81 lines with my down-arrow cursor but I have a feeling that's not the way to do it. Please pardon my ignorance - I don't have any other occasion to edit a VBscript.

Any ideas? Thanks so much for a reply.
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well I don't have any advice on your problem particularly, but I use TextPad (which is like a VERY advanced notepad), mainly for the tab feature so I can switch between text documents quickly, but it also allows you to show line numbers making it very useful for script editing!
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

I started from the top line of the script (which is a comment) and counted down 81 lines with my down-arrow cursor
:lol: :lol:
Yeah, I used to do that too in the past when I didn't have any simple and good editor to get me to the right line.
Now, I use the all-rounder for text editing, distributed as a free add on for MS Windows, called "Notepad". :D

Anyway, if you have Windows 2000 or XP or higher, then in notepad you can use "go to" and type in the line number. (Ctrl-G).
If you have Windows Me or lower, then you'll need an external program like NotePad plus, or something more advanced.

Edit: hmm, it was probably TextPad for me too....

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
MagGyver

Post by MagGyver »

OK, now we're getting somewhere! Trixmoto & Steegy, thanks for the recommendation for Textpad - I installed it and used the "Go To" function and added the ' character to each line the error message generated and now MM loads without any MagicNodes errors.

I'm perplexed, though, because each of the lines I had to modify are related to TEMPO and MOOD, two classifications I use heavily. My limited understanding of VBscripts is that I've commented out these lines by adding a ' character, making them unusable lines. If I'm correct, then I don't think I'll be able to use MagicNodes the way I want to.

I've created three custom fields in MM's Tools > Options > Appearance area, called Mood, Tempo and Situation. When I open a track's properties, on the Classification tab, I have two sets of fields - one for the built-in fields (Tempo, Mood, Occasion, Quality) and below that my custom fields. I did this because I need to be able to sort my tracks by these fields and since I couldn't find a way to display the built-in fields in the tree view. It's a pain, but when I'm editing tracks I simply replicate the information in one set into the other, and I'm able to sort my tracks according to the custom fields.

I'm wondering now if MagicNodes is having trouble with the fields that are named the same - Mood and Tempo. All the lines I modified in the script are related to these two. Does this sound like it makes sense?

If there's some way to get MM to display the built-in classifications in the tree view, I would gladly rid myself of the extra custom fields. Perhaps then this would alleviate the problem of errors in MagicNodes and would allow me to work with these fields, which is really what I'm after anyway.

Whew! This is getting a little confusing. Thanks so much to any of you who want to tackle this with me! :)
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
MagGyver

Post by MagGyver »

It's me again! I have a habit of working out a solution only AFTER I've given up and asked for help. ;) Go figure.

So - I backed up my MM database and then removed the field names from the Custom Fields area of Tools > Options > Appearance. I then reverted my MagicNodes script to its original version (without all the ' characters in front of MOOD and TEMPO lines) and opened MM. I got more errors, but this time the lines in question were related to the Custom Fields. No problem, I used Textpad to add ' characters to each of those lines, then opened MM without any more MagicNodes errors. Followed the documentation and have begun creating new nodes. I'll continue to play with it as I'm only now just becoming familiar with how to work with it.

I guess I was trying to force MM to look the way I wanted it to, but by using more of the nodes, I'm finding it does what I want without having to replicate the field info already stored in the classifications area.

The MM community simply ROCKS. You guys are the best. I recommend this product again and again to anyone who wants to be serious about their music management. I'm a Windows support technician so I have plenty of opportunities to tell people about it, and I always mention how helpful the user community is! Happy New Year to everyone! :) :)
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Glad you've managed to get it sorted! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Wow this is a long thread!

I'm not quite how to search for this question, so I'll just post it..

I am using the following code:

One Hit Wonders\<artist|max tracks:5>
to show artists in my library which have very few tracks, and this works fine for each artist subnote.

However magic nodes lists ALL songs in my library if I am selecting the root "One Hit Wonders" node (ie not an artist node under it).

So, my question(s) are, if/how can I change the behavior of the 'one hit wonders' node to ONLY list all songs which meet the 'max tracks:5' criteria?

Is there a better/different way to do this?

I also have a similar magic node which displays my larger collections:

Collections\<album artist|min tracks:60>
and it exhibits the same behavior, of which I would like to only see a list of all songs for which have 60 or more from an artist.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

No ideas on the above post? ^^^^^

:cry: