Last.fm Playcount Import (2010-03-28) [MM3/4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

TJOHO

Re: Last.fm Playcount Import [MM3]

Post by TJOHO »

Hi,
I was not able to reproduce the error with that one track, but have in the mean time found a couple of other tracks with too high counts. I know that doesn't help you identify whether there is an error in the script and if so what to do about it - I just wanted to let you know so I didn't just leave your question hanging.
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

firefoxsilver9 wrote:Hello everyone. i have a few questions about this add-on.

First, is there a way to modify the script to have it override the playcount in MM? Also can the script be modified to allow a less-strict tag matching algorithm cause i noticed tracks that i have in my last.fm won't update the MM playcount if the tags aren't 100% identical, especially with music that has foreign characters. thanks in advance
I can definitely put in an option to overwrite the playcount in MM - note that it normally does this anyway if the playcount is higher (as that's the point in this script) but can give it an option to lower it too.

As for tag matching, it's not an easy problem, and for large databases this would increase the run-time exponentially. Unfortunately last.fm does it's own sanitization of characters so there are always going to be some discrepancies.
TJOHO wrote:Hi,
I was not able to reproduce the error with that one track, but have in the mean time found a couple of other tracks with too high counts. I know that doesn't help you identify whether there is an error in the script and if so what to do about it - I just wanted to let you know so I didn't just leave your question hanging.
I can't think of any other cause except last.fm's database getting corrupted then, sorry!
ZenDude

Post by ZenDude »

I had to setup MM on a new computer and I am using Version 2 of Last.fm Playcount Import. I am having a problem keeping it installed. Everytime I go to use this addon, it is not there so I need to reinstall it. Any ideas why this is happening? The last.fm scrobbler is the only other addon and it is working fine.

MM 3.2.4
Vista OS
zanarkandangel

Post by zanarkandangel »

Hi

I have just tried to update my playlist and I have the following error - Error. Invalid limit. Please provide a limit from 1 to 10.

Is anyone able to help?
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

Hi,
I think i've spoken to you before... i can't remember :)
I'm STILL trying to sort out this android/MM sync issue, but i think i'm nearly there.

some history:
I am using a version of your script which I modified to pull the last 10 pages from lastfm and then sync playcounts etc.

I've been intouch with the author of an android player called PlayerPro, who has added stats export to his app. I also contacted the MM devs and introduced them to the PlayerPro dev, hoping for magic to happen between them, unfortunately this didn't happen and we still have no way to sync playcounts and ratings back to MM from Android devices.

Today i've been looking at the stats export xml from the android player and looking at your script for last.fm. If the lastfm xml was swapped for the PlayerPro xml, then it would be technically possible to modify your script to read the stats and update the MM database using the phone data rather than the LastFM data (i think)

With a few modifications, it could also be made to update the skip, play and rating?

Unfortunately I have very little time to spend on this, could you assist?

If we can crack this, we'd be heroes! :)

Hope to hear from you soon..

ZF
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

Good idea actually, I recently got an android phone myself - but scrobbling to last.fm and running the script was working fine.
Don't have much time right now either - just started a new job and all, but if you can get me a copy of an xml file I can have a look.
I've been using winamp and Power Amp as players myself.
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

i've just posted a reply to this but it vanished after a message appeared about drafts which i didnt read and just clicked yes to! :roll:

So, here's an xml output from player pro.

it's simple enough in it's structure. It should be really easy to bend your last.fm script to use this?
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

Update for those who still use this script reguarly - I've made progress on updating version 2 so it caches the weekly xml files locally. This should speed up updates to a few seconds after the first run, instead of minutes.
Once this is working I may look at getting version 3 working with this caching, but because version 3's XML files are not static this may be more challenging.
Expect an update in a week or two!
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

Update! (wooo!)
Works with MM4 OK as well :)

No change in functionality, simply caches xml files locally in %appdata%, so subsequent reruns will be much quicker.

Check out version 2.1:
http://psykar.com/scripts

Code: Select all

' Changes: 2.1
' - Caches XML files locally for faster re-runs
' - Added retry option for HTTP timeouts

'ToDo:
'* Better UI
'  o Checkbox for updating last played times
'* Retry HTTP a few times before timing out
'* Move all files modified into %appdata%
'* Possibly use  sdb.ScriptsPath instead ?
Funkafonik

Re: Last.fm Playcount Import [MM3/4]

Post by Funkafonik »

Great! Thanks for the update! Looking forward for an updated version 3 in the future! :)
zombiefly

Re: Last.fm Playcount Import [MM3/4]

Post by zombiefly »

thanks!
(but i'm sure your time would be better spent on the androidxml > MM4 skip count script!) :lol:
Unfoldingdrama

Re: Last.fm Playcount Import (2010-03-28) [MM3/4]

Post by Unfoldingdrama »

Psyker 7,

Thanks so much for your awesome script. I play my music from multiple machines in multiple locations and your script helps me to keep my playcounts and thus my auto playlists functioning perfectly.

Love your work.
cianoz

Post by cianoz »

Hello
I just installed the new 2.1 version but when I run the script it returns this error (i translate it from Italian):
Error #76 Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Could not find the path
File: "C:\Programmi\Multimedia\MediaMonkey\Scripts\LastFmImport.vbs", Line: 444, Column: 2
I'm on Windows XP and previous version 2.0 worked normally.
Any user here or the author can help me?
Thank you
JurgendeM

Post by JurgendeM »

I've got the same problem as cianoz with v2.1, using Windows 7.

Version 2.0 doesn't update anything :(
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

Both of you try the latest 2.2 version
http://psykar.com/scripts

There may have been some issues when the directory for caching the xml files wasn't creating properly, this should fix that hopefully :)