MediaMonkey 2.1 RC-2 is here

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

rusty

MediaMonkey 2.1 RC-2 is here

Post by rusty »

MediaMonkey 2.1 RC-2 (build 595) is ready--hopefully this is the final build. It includes a couple of minor tweaks (including a fix to the remaining unsynchronized tags problem), and will hopefully not require any further changes before release.

As with any beta, keep in mind that this is pre-release software and may contain a number of bugs, some of which have not yet been discovered. The software is being provided for feedback and testing purposes, and is recommended for use only by advanced users who regularly test pre-release software. If you plan on testing it, take precautions to backup your data to protect against data loss during installation or usage.

What's new in build 595?
  • - Added tooltips for nodes that are very long (i.e. cut off by the splitter bar)
    - Fixed some Xing-encoded VBR files are incorrectly identified (incorrect file length, etc.)
    - Fixed default sort preferences missing at install time in some cases
    - Fixed editing track property unpauses 'paused' player
    - Fixed inability to edit Album Title and Album Artist for CDs that aren't in the library
    - Fixed Unsynchronized Tags node for cases of newline characters in the comments field
Download
MediaMonkey 2.1 RC-2: http://www.mediamonkey.com/beta/MediaMonkey_2_1_595.exe
Note: This beta is out of date - MediaMonkey 2.1 has since been released.

Installation
-Double-click the downloaded file and follow the installation instructions.
Last edited by rusty on Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lowlander

Downloaded

Post by Lowlander »

Downloaded in one time, which was a relief for me. And running it right now.

I noticed something new in the unsynchronized node, the return of some of the files that were gone in the last 1 or 2 versions of MM. They show albums that shouldn't be there and in one case the artist is missing. Fixed them manually in the properties and run synchronize tags, hopefully that works at least for now they don't show up anymore.

PS. the progress indication of starting the unsynchronized node could be more indicative of what it it's doing ie at least display the folder being checked currently. I get nothing showing up for the longest time as it's checking first folders with no problem files. I also don't know what progress the progress bar is showing (I guess number of folders checked of total or something like that) but with being done with just a minor part of checking the songs it shows mostly done, the remainder part takes actually the longest with both most songs left to check and the most files found unsynchronized.
Lowlander

Unsynchronized subnode

Post by Lowlander »

The Unsynchronized node seems to have troubles, already twice (out of five times checked so far) it doesn't show anything just the progress bar showing progress.
Is this a possible bug?

I can't report on the newline character being solved. I have many (seems to be the same amount as previously) file show up that I have never edited (most likely ID3v1 and ID3v2 out of sync, but no way of telling that). I'm happy as is as my edited files don't show up anymore and that's what I wanted.

MM does seem to have some stability issues when using to many things together. When running unsynchronized node playback is sometime affected (pauses). Properties window opens slow. Could there be an issue with the DB not being updated (optimalized) for a while. And how often should one run the update DB IOW after what type of actions to the DB.

And I just experienced my second crash of MM. I was running Unsync, visualisation (Geiss 2.0), album browser and was playing a song. Now nothing to worry here, visualisation is in testing and as such I'm not bothered by the crash.

PS again I want to stress my desire to see my different music folders as subnodes of unsync and an 'all' of course.
Lowlander

Pause starts playing again

Post by Lowlander »

Well the problem of a paused song starting to play again when properties are being edited (or volume levelled) is almost solved. Now it plays a second of music.
Lowlander

Did something else change

Post by Lowlander »

It seems that this is new, I'm not sure, but it's pretty nice.

If multiple tracks are selected and the properties are viewed it now shows text in field when this is the only text that is stored in some of the files. IE. 5 tracks selected, 3 have year set to 1999, 2 are empty. It shows the 1999 as text. This is kinda neat as you don't need to retyp the 1999 for the empty two files if you want them to show 1999 in the year tag as well. Very nice, but kinda scary. Might give you the idea that this is stored in all.

The other change is that if you click on a textbox in properties while editing multiple tracks it becomes editable, very nice. Maybe now those checkbox are redundent?
Lowlander

Added tooltips for nodes that are very long

Post by Lowlander »

Added tooltips for nodes that are very long (i.e. cut off by the splitter bar)

Very nice works very well.

Thanks
rusty

Re: Did something else change

Post by rusty »

Lowlander wrote:If multiple tracks are selected and the properties are viewed it now shows text in field when this is the only text that is stored in some of the files...Very nice, but kinda scary. Might give you the idea that this is stored in all.
We implemented this because of the comments that some users wanted to be able to assign the characteristics of 1 track to many others. This provides this functionality, to a degree-hopefully it won't cause confusion...
Lowlander wrote:The other change is that if you click on a textbox in properties while editing multiple tracks it becomes editable, very nice. Maybe now those checkbox are redundent?
We implemented this because of numerous questions received about how to make mass edits. We decided to keep the checkboxes because some users won't intuitively attempt to edit a greyed out box.