Syncing to SD Card on Android

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

durden999uk

Syncing to SD Card on Android

Post by durden999uk »

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find anything after a search.

The problem is that I when use MM to sync to my Android phone (HTC Desire), the files are always deposited into the root directory (E:\...) no matter what I change the settings to. For example, I change the settings so that the files should get transferred to E:\Music\[Album]-[Year]\[Title] and they end up 'loose' in the root directory of the SD card. It means I have to manually move them to the Music directory that my audio player monitors, and it also causes problems when I have two songs with the same name. Can anyone help?
Lowlander

Re: Syncing to SD Card on Android

Post by Lowlander »

aritchie

Post by aritchie »

Thank you! This also applies to the MyTouch 4G. You have saved me much frustration.
Lykos

Post by Lykos »

Applies to HTC Thunderbolt as well, although for some reason about 5% of the songs sorted into the correct folders. The rest all ended up in root but the above fix appears to have fixed it, resyncing now.
dolfandon

Post by dolfandon »

Just a note, you cannot add that setting to the end of the ini file. When I did that MM overwrote it. Worked like a charm though when I added it at the top.

Post by Guest »

Worked like a charm with my Nexus S 4G. Thank You!