epileptic status bar

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

timelezz

Re: epileptic status bar

Post by timelezz »

No annoying status bars any longer! Thank You. Do you think the developers should know about this? I mean... I would not be the only one?!
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

timelezz wrote:No annoying status bars any longer! Thank You. Do you think the developers should know about this? I mean... I would not be the only one?!
I guess, but it would not help to report the issue without any inkling as to how to cause the problem.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
timelezz

Post by timelezz »

True. I thought it was on all systems like this. Apparently something happened to my version on day that caused it :/ I have a clean install on a new XP machine and there are no problems there.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

I get this problem too.
MM4 Build 1411

When leveling track volume.
Each time one track is processed.

Video capture: View My Video
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Oh.
And if you tag files.
(In this example I changed the Date field for a selection of tracks.)

You get a 2 line status bar!
What the hell?

Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Dreadlau wrote:I get this problem too.
MM4 Build 1411

When leveling track volume.
Each time one track is processed.

Video capture: View My Video
did you try the steps I already mentioned to fix this? Did it work? Do you know how to reproduce this even after making the fix?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
tommycrock

Post by tommycrock »

I'm also getting this (or was) - thanks for the solution NoHitter. I don't know what caused it, but since we're in the wishlist section, I guess a 'minimise all' option would solve it without people having to play in the registry.
tommycrock

Post by tommycrock »

I've just started getting this again and this time I know which process is causing it. I was rescanning my library when 'Generating thumbnail for ...mov" came up and stayed up for a while, so for no particular reason I clicked on it. Of course the bar maximised and now I get lots of flicker as it appears every time an image is found. This is probably a different process than was affecting some of the other people here (e.g. Dreadlau, leveling track volume), but the problem is the same - a maximised status bar that you can't stop without editing the registry. So I still think a "Minimize all status bars" context menu option would be a useful addition
donector

Post by donector »

I got the same trouble, and it was solved by amending the registry, I hope i can find out what casused it. thanks
theonlyrick

Post by theonlyrick »

nohitter151 wrote:Close MM, and change all REG_DWORD entries to 1. Then re-open MM and see if it makes any difference.
Thanks muchly - that did it.

MM has had the really annoying status bar for as long as I can remember. The one that made the difference was changing Bar6Minimised from 0 to 1.

RiCo
jsoctus

Post by jsoctus »

I had the same issue (in spite of the name for it, i would have said appearing/disappearing or maybe flicking), and the solution you provided worked. The DWORD entries that were 0 were the "minimized" entries. Thanks!
Charade

Post by Charade »

I get the same problem when I click on tasks to enlarge them (open full-length rows above the main one). If I click them back, they get minimized, all packed side-by-side in the bottom row, and everything stops "stroboscoping".

Sometimes, I click the thumbnails at the right to hide the one that is getting on my nerves with its flashing!

I hope it can help.

Charade