MM always "on top" of all other windows [#8335]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

surfer

MM always "on top" of all other windows [#8335]

Post by surfer »

MM1426, win7-x64

The window of MM remains always "on top" of other windows. When MM is maximised no other window of other programms can be made visible.

I have to minimize MM to get to see other windows.
Zonky

Re: MM always "on top" of all other windows

Post by Zonky »

Same here, running the same beta build on Windows 7 Ultimate, x64.

Michael
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I can't reproduce on XP on 1426.
rusty

Post by rusty »

I _did_ experience this with build 1426, however, the issue went away upon restarting. Is that the case for you as well?

If yes, please share if you come across the trigger. Thanks.

-Rusty
surfer

Post by surfer »

rusty wrote:I _did_ experience this with build 1426, however, the issue went away upon restarting. Is that the case for you as well?
Yes, strange, in some way it gos away with me as well after restart, but then it always comes again after some time of MM running.

MM is running maximized and i listen to the music and work with other programs like file manager, firefox, outlook ...., having about 3-5 windows open at the same time, and after some time i notice that i cannot set the focus to any other window.

Only when i minimize MM or restart it am i able to work with other windows again.

I've experienced that already several times.
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

Same here with Win 7 and 1426.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
KJIACC

Post by KJIACC »

Yes, same here with Win 7 and 1426.
This issue occurs approximately after 1 hour of MM work. Also, the came back issue 7321 (MM breaks auto-hide taskbar):
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 44#p299244
Issue went away upon restarting, but there again after some time later.
Win7 x64 Intel Core i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz 3.07 GHz 8 GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
4HD: (C:/D:/ - 1TB) (F:/ - 2TB) (G:/ - 2TB) (H:/ - 3TB)
Screen Resolution 1920x1080
MM runs as administrator.
I'm Tired to post messages using google-translator. I look forward to a forum for Russian-speaking users.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Anybody having this issue, could you please confirm that you can/can't reproduce in build 1425? In case you _can_ reproduce, can you in build 1424 either?

Thanks!
Jiri
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

It is not a recent annoyance - its always happened - I just thought: yeah it does that.
So yes it happens in 1425 1424 1420 and so on.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
alirezanoori

MM B1426, Always on top?!

Post by alirezanoori »

Hi,
My problem is that my MM is in the "Always on Top" mode. By that I mean I just can minimize it but even if I switch to other apps they don't show. I looked at all menus but couldn't find an "Always on Top" option. So is there one or this is a bug?!
Thanks.
flinx42

Post by flinx42 »

I've been running 1426 on Win7 64x all day and not noticed this issue since computer start this morning. However I noticed immediately after the initial install of 1426 the other day. So didn't think that it was a timing issue as stated above.

After reading this thread I had a "play" and found what first looked like a dependency between showing the Win7 taskbar preview of MM and then minimizing.
But further experimenting has shown that just minimizing MM does it.
However NOT when using the button in the window decoration on the top-righ of the MM windowt!

Only if you minimize MM TWICE by clicking on the taskbar icon each time!!!
After the second restoring from Minimized state MM is consistently in ALWAYS ON TOP mode.

HTH
Random

Post by Random »

FOR THOSE who wish to "disable" Always on Top. Here how to do it. It quite hidden in fact.

1. Open Playlist (Ctrl+Alt+N) if you haven't already.
2. At the bottom of playlist. Where it should say "List Edit Copy". Right Click on it.
3. Choose Dock Window.
4. Now your Playlist will become a Window inside Mediamonkey.
5. Right click this 'new' window as describe in step 2. This time you will see an option call "Always on Top". Try clicking on that. 6. Test to see if it work (ie. MM no longer Always on Top). If it still on top. Repeat step 5. Else read step 7.
7. Done, feel free to repeat step 2 if you want your Playlist to dock again.
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

surfer wrote:Yes, strange, in some way it gos away with me as well after restart, but then it always comes again after some time of MM running.
This is the same for me. I have only noticed it in v1426. I'm running windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Those who can reproduce, could you please post your Internet Explorer version, do you all have version 9? And, do you have any scripts installed, particularly some that present results in a web browser window? Or does the problem seem to be related to the Web node?

Thanks,
Jiri
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Hi,

running Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit, SP1, IE9 and Firefox. I don't use IE9, it's not my default browser, however, my guess is MM4 uses IE9 or Internet Explorer in general, as an embedded window when tagging files from internet, right?

So far I did not found any steps which reproduce this behavior regualarly. I've tested with tagging from internet with one or two files, switch from MM4 to Firefox and back and repeated this many times. Out of a sudden MM4 or better Firefox (or any othe program, too) does not switch on top of the windows anymore. At that time I did not have IE open, nor any other program which might use it.

Michael