Skinning Q: Getting TimeDisplay to Overlap Seekbar

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Pman

Skinning Q: Getting TimeDisplay to Overlap Seekbar

Post by Pman »

Im just wondering if it's possible to overlap the timedisplay over the seekbar but in any position.

In the ini file for Player, these are the things im using for them seperately which works but with a slight problem:

Code: Select all

[TimeDisplay]
Type=Text
Resizable=1,1,0,0
Pos=32,39
Size=55,8
TextMask=%I / %H
FontColor=FFFFFF
FontHeight=8
FontName=uni 05_53
Transperent=0
TextAlign=0
Scrollable=0

[SeekBar]
Type=TrackBar
Resizable=1,1,1,0
Pos=25,42
Size=352,5
Transperent=0
Scrollable=1
In this case the Timedisplay in the exact position I want it to be right over the seekbar but it covers the seekbar with a 55/8pix box.
I tried swapping the [TimeDisplay] stuff with [SeekBar] stuff but this causes the time to disappear and go underneath the seekbar.

Then I thought of trying this combo:

Code: Select all

[SeekBar]
Type=TrackBar
Resizable=1,1,1,0
Pos=25,42
Size=352,5
Transperent=1
ThumbSize=5
FontHeight=8
FontName=uni 05_53
FontColor=FFFFFF
TextMask=%I / %H
Scrollable=0
GlowEffect=0
TextAlign=-1
This works with the time on top of the seekbar and blended in however for some reason the I% bit is missing and I can't move the TimeDisplay by pixels (only option is TextAlign=-1 but that shifts it too far to the left).

Is there any way of having the best of both options? Any help I would massively appreciate. Thanks
  • W7Ultimate x32 - MM4 - SHABBA!
rovingcowboy

Re: Skinning Q: Getting TimeDisplay to Overlap Seekbar

Post by rovingcowboy »

time clock is in the tips balloon when you put the mouse pointer over the thumb seek image if you have tips turned on.

using the time clock on any location as another item will block out one of the two items most the time its the clock.

it also needs to have extra space in the length of area to show the - time marker this space is best found by trial and error
when making the skin you test it and see how much more is needed by the font used in the time clock.

it is possible to one item on top of another item., i've done that before in hillbillyrock diner skin, but you must remember
that if it is in front of an button the button will not be clicked, and if the button is in front of the thumb seekbar the thumb
seek image will go behind the button and not be able to be clicked on.

what happens is each code in the player ini just cuts a space out of the section and uses it as its only and will not share with any other code section.

so only way to get the time on the thumb seek bar is with the programmers making use of the tips balloon which is what
they have already done.

:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Pman

Post by Pman »

rovingcowboy wrote:time clock is in the tips balloon when you put the mouse pointer over the thumb seek image if you have tips turned on.

using the time clock on any location as another item will block out one of the two items most the time its the clock.

it also needs to have extra space in the length of area to show the - time marker this space is best found by trial and error
when making the skin you test it and see how much more is needed by the font used in the time clock.

it is possible to one item on top of another item., i've done that before in hillbillyrock diner skin, but you must remember
that if it is in front of an button the button will not be clicked, and if the button is in front of the thumb seekbar the thumb
seek image will go behind the button and not be able to be clicked on.

what happens is each code in the player ini just cuts a space out of the section and uses it as its only and will not share with any other code section.

so only way to get the time on the thumb seek bar is with the programmers making use of the tips balloon which is what
they have already done.

:D
Yeh i do have tips on but for a normal user they would like to have a visible time clock. Yes youre right about things in the ini having it's own cut space/box which will either overlap something or will disappear if its underneath but I know like DreadM in many of his skins has the song artist-title on top of the seekbar but the only way to physically move the text is only by TextAlign of -1, 0 or 1. Also with that matter (if you look at my coding for Seekbar with text underneath) it does work in a way but with problems. It doesn't show %I (Time completed for song), it only shows "/ %H". Also the time is 1 pixel below the seekbar and very far to the left because of the textalign. Is there no way to make two Pos values under one ini variable?

Also as im here, if you have the [SongTitle] ini variable, if you change the volume it shows "Volume: 100%" on the player. However what i want is just only Volume 100% as its own textmask, i was wondering does that exist? If not can i request for a volume text mask, e.g. call it %Vl
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings
Pman wrote:Im just wondering if it's possible to overlap the timedisplay over the seekbar but in any position.
No it's not possible , :-? just left,right or centered

I already make a request to Petr for a text margin option for the seekbar (MM4),
would be really useful ,with this we could make amazing layouts,

also some advanced seek bar option like the possibility for more text entry's would be really amazing,

1:)Time played, on Left side from seekbar
2:)Title info ,center from seekbar
3:)Time total , on right side from seekbar
Pman wrote: for some reason the I% bit is missing
already reported , some how the seekbar text option (MM4) don't accept all Usable Masks
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

DreadM wrote:also some advanced seek bar option like the possibility for more text entry's would be really amazing,

Amen!

I had that in mind for the player i'm working on.
Unfortunately, you confirmed that it's not possible. :(
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
Pman

Post by Pman »

DreadM wrote: I already make a request to Petr for a text margin option for the seekbar (MM4),
would be really useful ,with this we could make amazing layouts,

also some advanced seek bar option like the possibility for more text entry's would be really amazing,

3:)Time total , on right side from seekbar
Thanks for the help everyone. Yeh ive been tinkering for half a day trying to find a way to make the time appear on the seekbar with perfect width/height. I got the height right but impossible to make the width the same. I tried doing it with TE but with no avail and I even went as silly as adding a Textmask=%C1 %I / %H with the spaces as a way of margin for the text. But yeh at least im not the only one who wants this idea in affect, i think your 1,2,3 ideas would work perfect in what i want too. Also thanks Dreadlau for the support as well, good thing you skinners are on the same wavelength (or shall i say seekbar...poor joke!).

Just wondering if you can have a Volume Textmask just like the variable [SongTitle] where it shows volume changes in percentage or is this another thing out of my league. I again fiddled with having [SongTitle] and TextMask=Volume so it shows volume on the player and not songtitle info, so when you change volume this will only show up. However i didnt realise that when you seek through the seekbar that it shows that too....epic fail! :lol:

I cant believe im picking up this skinning stuff so quickly, just a week ago i didnt know how to even use Theme Editor. I was such a dolly that i couldnt get it to work because i unzipped and zipped things with rar extension, not zip extension and everything just goes wrong. Even more stupid was the fact that i couldnt realise how to select parts of a Bitmap in TE, i finally realised by mistakingly clicking right click mouse button that you can select a whole box...duhhhhh!