Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

dsopik

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2

Post by dsopik »

I'm trying to create a Magic Node that determines if the tracks on an album are in alphabetical order, since some of my albums were renumbered in that way. I would then use the list to correct these albums by auto-tagging from the Web. I'm a beginner at SQLite, so I'm not sure how to compare a list to a sorted list to see if they are equal. The following SQL statement does not work but seems close to me; if I remove ORDER BY ID, it does run, but gives me a list of everything:

Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs WHERE IDAlbum > 0 GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING GROUP_CONCAT(SongTitle ORDER BY SongTitle ) = GROUP_CONCAT(SongTitle) )

Any ideas on how to code this would be greatly appreciated!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

dsopik wrote:I'm trying to create a Magic Node that determines if the tracks on an album are in alphabetical order
You could try the next filter, but it is very slow (~ 200 sec), so it is recommended to position that node as a child of the Playlists folder:

Code: Select all

(SELECT Sum(Abs((SELECT Count(*) FROM Songs AS T1 WHERE T1.IDAlbum = T2.IDAlbum AND T1.SongTitle <= T2.SongTitle) - Cast(TrackNumber As integer))) FROM Songs AS T2 WHERE T2.IDAlbum = Songs.IDAlbum ORDER BY IDAlbum, SongTitle) = 0
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
dsopik

Post by dsopik »

ZvezdanD wrote:
dsopik wrote:I'm trying to create a Magic Node that determines if the tracks on an album are in alphabetical order
You could try the next filter, but it is very slow (~ 200 sec), so it is recommended to position that node as a child of the Playlists folder:

(SELECT Sum(Abs((SELECT Count(*) FROM Songs AS T1 WHERE T1.IDAlbum = T2.IDAlbum AND T1.SongTitle <= T2.SongTitle) - Cast(TrackNumber As integer))) FROM Songs AS T2 WHERE T2.IDAlbum = Songs.IDAlbum ORDER BY IDAlbum, SongTitle) = 0
Thank you very much ZvezdanD; this works perfectly! It took 500 seconds for me, so I added "Alph" in Custom5 so I can filter these more quickly in the future. Out of curiosity, why do you suggest to position this node as a child of the Playlists folder?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

dsopik wrote:Out of curiosity, why do you suggest to position this node as a child of the Playlists folder?
I suggested that because a content of Magic node in the Playlists folder is static and could be updated only if you choose Refresh Magic Node from the context menu. Instead of that, Magic nodes from other folders are updated whenever you select/expand them again, taking the same time for execution of SQL.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
BestGuest

Post by BestGuest »

Hello and thanx for this superscript which has made my life so much more easy the last years. :-)
I have a request for a magicnode that will list all artists who is not in any playlist yet.

There is a node who gives me the "track's" not/in any playlist but that is no bigger use for me
because it list's both the artists in playlist and the artists who is not in, ofcourse.. :P

I have tried to change that node to suite my needs but it allways fail. I have looked as much as
i can if this already have been requested and i am so sorry if i missed that, pls point me to it.

[Sweden rules. c",) ]
-SuperFunk-

Post by -SuperFunk- »

Can somebody help me with the following:

I have a playlist with different tracks of different albums.
I need to have the complete albums of these tracks in an other playlist..
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

-SuperFunk- wrote:Can somebody help me with the following:

It's esay to do with Album Collections: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 03#p308673
Drop all tracks from that playlist to a new Collection, then send all tracks from this collection to a new playlist.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
-SuperFunk-

Post by -SuperFunk- »

Eyal wrote:
-SuperFunk- wrote:Can somebody help me with the following:

It's esay to do with Album Collections: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 03#p308673
Drop all tracks from that playlist to a new Collection, then send all tracks from this collection to a new playlist.
Thanks for your Quick response, I will try that! :)
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

I want to identify the tracks where the Custom5 field is blank. I read the recommended .pdf and made several attempts at creating the node and each time it either locks up MM (not responding) and/or error msg. Please, can someone instruct me how to do this? Thank you.
Last edited by steviegt on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.21.11875
MM Pro Android v1.3.2.0824
Windows Home 10.0.17134.228 64-bit Build 1803
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
eepman

Post by eepman »

I've been having an issue using the latest MN with MM 4.

In Added Statistics->Date Added->By Album Artist->Date->Unknown or in any other unknown nodes I see two of every file until i change sorting by clicking one of the column headers.

Do you know of anything that would cause this or is this a known issue?
radium.io -- build software fearlessly
jtotheh

Post by jtotheh »

Hi, I'm looking for some help to modify the included "20 recently added albums" to be limited only to a specifc genre (soundtrack).

The original:
<Group|name:Last 20...|Show tracks:No>\20 Recently added Albums|Icon:Top level|SQL filter: Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Count(TrackNumber) = Max(Cast(TrackNumber As integer)) AND Count(TrackNumber) > 3 ORDER BY Min(DateAdded) DESC LIMIT 20)\<Album with album artist|Sort by:Max(Time since added)>

I tried adding "AND <Genre> = 'Soundtrack'" but that is making MediaMonkey stall - any suggestions?

Thanks!
Viper21

Post by Viper21 »

Hi Magic Nodes experts, :wink:

I recently started playing around with Magic Nodes and loving some of the [basic, but useful] things I have been able to produce; mostly by trial and error and tweaking some the out-of-the-box masks. For example, playing all the tracks from a single randomly-selected artist — simple, but really sweet—saves my the anguish of having to scroll through lists of artists and to consciously decide who I want to listen to!

Alas, I need some help from the experts to create the following custom magic nodes:

1. List all the tracks in random order that contain (and not necessarily "start with") the text "Mix <number>" in the "Grouping" ID3 tag; where <number> is a randomly chosen number between 001-999 and the number must be displayed as 3-digit number. For example: 001, 012, 189. So for example, when I select the node, it might choose all tracks with "Mix 010" in the Grouping tag, and when I refresh the node it might list all tracks with "Mix 199" .

2. List the tracks in random order that contain the text "Favorite" in the "Grouping" ID3 tag. The sum of the tracks listed should not go over 60 minutes. If the latter time limit is not possible then, then the first part is fine.

3. List in random order the tracks that reside in the folder "C:\MP3\New". The sum of the tracks listed should not go over 60 minutes.

4. List in random order all the tracks from a single randomly-selected genre.

Many many thanks.
Viper21 :D
TWKArtist

Need some Advice on a mask syntax...

Post by TWKArtist »

LOVE Magic Nodes -- it's the greatest.
But I'd like to program a custom mask to do something special -- don't know if it's possible, so I'd though I'd post it here to find out.

In Media Monkey I make use of the multiple entries in the 'Genre' field --- 'NewAge; Progressive; Electronic'
So I've modified one of the existing masks (Genres and Nested Sub-GFenres) to get something closer to what I want. Here is the syntax:
<Group|Name:TWK_Custom|Show tracks:No>\TWK_Genres and nested sub-genres|Icon:Top level|Position:First child|Show tracks:No\<Multi genre|Split by:; |Show if empty:Yes|Unknown:No|Split Mode:String Part|Split part:1|Statistic:Count(Other genre)>\<Multi genre|Split by:; |Split part:2|Show if empty:Yes|Unknown:No|Split Mode:String Part|Statistic:Count(Artist), Count(Album), Count(All) Album>\<Multi genre|Split by:; |Split part:3|Unknown:No|Split Mode:String Part|Statistic:Count(Artist), Count(Album), Count(All)>\<Artist|Statistic:Count(Album),Count(All)>\<Album|Statistic:Count(All)|Unknown:No>

The above mask gives me a main Genre with a Count of the number of sub-genres --- 'NewAge (2 sub-genres)' --- underneath this node is the branch for the first sub-genre of 'Progressive'

If I click through to 'Progressive' it gives me the Count of Artist Albums and Files --- 'Progressive (2 artists, 3 albums, 47 files)' --- and underneath this is the branch for the second sub-genre of 'Electronic'

Then, when I click to 'Electronic' I have it setup to also give me the Count of Artist Albums and Files --- 'Electronic (1 artist, 2 albums, 24 files)'
And then I have a final node which breaks out the Artist by Album --- 'Tangerine Dream (2 albums, 24 files)'
From there I can click the album and file to get what I want.

What I'd like to do, if possible, is also list whatever Albums and Artists fall within the first sub-genre of 'Progressive' while still listing any other sub-genres, as in this case, 'Electronic.'

So, ideally, if I expand the first sub-genre of 'Progressive' there would be nodes for both the Albums and Artists that are in the database as 'NewAge; Progressive' as well as the next sub-genre of 'Electronic.'

As I said, don't know if its possible, but thought I'd scheck.
Many thanks in advance for any replies.

>>TImK
r0k

Post by r0k »

Hi. Magic Node is really a great addition to MM. :)
Currently i'm in the process of organizing my genres tag. I'd like to use Magic Nodes ability to split a field to create genres and sub-genres. However for some genres, not all, i don't have an actual sub-genre (i just have too few songs for a sub-genre to be useful).
For instance, i have encoded 6 sub-genres of metal, but i don't have any sub-genre for folk.

Id' like to make a node that would list genres and then artists OR if there is a sub-genre : genre, then sub-genre, than artist. I'm not sure if it's possible.
The closest i came was this :

Genre et sous-genres|Icon:Top level|Child of:Library|Position:Last child\<Genre|Unknown:No|Left of:/>\<Genre|Split by:/|Unknown:No>\<Album artist>
or

Genre et sous-genres|Icon:Top level|Child of:Library|Position:Last child\<Genre|Unknown:No|Left of:/>\<Genre|Unknown:No|Right of:/>\<Album artist>
But if there is no sub-genre, it will list the main genre twice, once as the main genre, and then as a sub-genre and only then the artist.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

r0k wrote:Id' like to make a node that would list genres and then artists OR if there is a sub-genre : genre, then sub-genre, than artist. I'm not sure if it's possible.
It is not possible to have two or more different fields as children of the same node. For example, the Main genre (i.e. Genre with Left of qualifier) cannot have both sub-genre and Artist fields with the same node. However, you could make two nodes within one group - one node would contain sub-genres then artists and another node would contain only artists:

<Group|Name:My genres>\Genre with sub-genres|Icon:Top level|Child of:Library|Position:Last child|Filter:Songs.Genre Like '%/%'\<Genre|Unknown:No|Left of:/>\<Genre|Split by:/|Unknown:No>\<Album artist>

<Group|Name:My genres>\Genre without sub-genres|Icon:Top level|Child of:Library|Position:Last child|Filter:Songs.Genre Not Like '%/%'\<Genre|Unknown:No>\<Album artist>