remove leveling info from tag

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

oldfart

remove leveling info from tag

Post by oldfart »

Hi, is there a script or add on I can use in monkey to remove volume leveling info from the tags. I have used trixmotos clear field script, by typing in leveling of the highlighted file, but it dont do nothing. I have never used volume leveling, only analyse. I am assuming that the details tab of the properties for the selected mp3 shows tag info, or is it just the database info. Sorry if this is a silly question. If it is the database how can i remove the leveling info? I cant directly edit the leveling box. Thanks
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't double post as per forum rules
dr_snuggles

Re: remove leveling info from tag

Post by dr_snuggles »

greets,
clear field only wipes the db value for Leveling, its been a while i used em, but i guess the other is called AlbumLeveling.
maybe switching the leveling field with lets say custom 1 or any other empty field would budge, srry dont remember the scriptname.
to definately get rid of the tag use mp3tag,load files, press alt+t and delete the value for replaygain fields.

have fun
oldfart

Post by oldfart »

Hi, thanks for the response. I have used mp3tag to clear all replay gain for track/album/peak, rescanned mp3s into media monkey info still there in leveling. I then rerun clear fields script in monkey to clear leveling. Leveling info still there. I have used monkey for years and this is my first complaint re a monkey function, or should i say disfunction. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks
oldfart

Post by oldfart »

I have asked for a solution in the help section, Thanks
oldfart

Post by oldfart »

well it appears im not permitted to ask in the help section, so i guess im back here. A mod has told me that there is info on the forum about this topic, A solution that looked promising was to hack the database, where the hell is the database, according to a post on this forum its in my docs/my music. Well not on this win 7 pc its not. Im using mm 3.2.5.1306. A search of the pc reveals no mediamonkey.mdb file exists. The mod has also suggested there are 3 scripts to remove leveling, can someone tell me where a script is that will remove track and album leveling. Thanks
oldfart

Post by oldfart »

Sorry to be a pain, but ive fixed it, I now have got rid of both track and album leveling. Seems it is almost a secret that capitalizing trixmotos clear filed script has a different result from lower case when clearing the leveling field??????????? Thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Database location: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=17

And in MediaMonkey 4 you can edit the value manually in the Filelisting (F2).
oldfart

Post by oldfart »

Thanks lowlander, and for your patience. Both .ini and .db files were as per your link. Case solved
paddymcq

Post by paddymcq »

F2 allows editing track leveling, which is cool, but it does not allow editing album leveling. How do I clear the album leveling tag?
maac

Post by maac »

I've been searching for this solution for a long time...

That mysterious gain info is stored somewhere in the file header.
Mp3tag doesn't seem to know those stupid tags, cleaning in Mediamonkey doesn't work as re-scanning will add them again to the library.

What works for me is:

In Foobar2000 load the files

Right-click - Remove Replaygain information for files

If greyed out.

Fix VB3 Mp3 header first and sometimes also rebuild MP3 stream after.

If You have already added the files to the library use the trixmoto script to reset the field in the DB or delete the album and add it again (auto organize)

If You are just browsing non added albums. Check the tree before and after Foobar trick. Track Gain values dissapear.

I believe it works only for Mp3 & WMA files and I strip all the Ape tags from my files first and I only write IDv1 & IDv3 tags.
Uploaded a few sample files to my cloud here case someone more technical skilled wants to take a look

link/a858b692-e7c2-4bfc-9650-830c6e0d5f6b/Mediamonkey/ on Meocloud