MM4 1455 - Some Initial Issues [#8649,8662, 7843]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

tommycrock

Re: MM4 1455 - Some Initial Issues

Post by tommycrock »

Nebbin, do you get the same problem if you use the Windows native multi-monitor support? Have you tried putting the taskbar on the secondary monitor and MM on the primary monitor (don't know if this is possible on XP) to see what happens? Is the multi-monitor tool for the purpose of allowing additional functionality / providing multi-monitor support on a single monitor graphics card / something else?
Sorry only questions and no answers!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Additionally is your Multi Monitor environment set to [2][1] or [1][2] What GPU you have and how Monitors are connected?

RE ASIO: I could not Replicate problem with OGG and have tested on ten of files even with Fast track Switching.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

Yes, using "over-ride Skin theme with Windows System Theme" will allow MM to make use of the full screen.

Monitor placement is set to [1] [2], with MM open on screen 2.

Interestingly, if I switch over as tommycrock advises, so that MM is on screen 1, and the Windows Taskbar is on screen 2, then MM4 is able to utilise the full screen space. I only use the multi-monitor tool at work, while at home I am not using anything more than windows native. The issue affects both systems the same.

I'm using an ATI video card purchased new at the beginning of 2010 (although still using AGP slot), with two monitors connected via DVI ports.

As to ASIO, I forgot to mention that WASIONA does not work at all - as it still crashes as soon as the "configure" button is pressed. I've sent in MM's error reports (using debug version)
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

I might just stick with MM3 for now, as it seems to work fine on my system, for whatever reason.

---------
PS: I've just checked, and the work computer also uses an ATI graphics card - a Radeon x130/x1550 Series, with 2 monitors ( [1] + [2] )and the intel on-board monitor output for a 3rd monitor [3].

On screens [2] and [3] (secondary monitors) MM4 will always reduce maximum size by the size of the taskbar on monitor 1 (primary). If I move the taskbar to one of the secondary monitors, and run MM4 on the primary monitor, it will maximise to the entire desktop as it should. The work computer is still on WinXP.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Re Monitor: Hmmm. I have ATi Card and only thing I can think of is that I'm using ATi HydraVision driver extension for multi desktop management. Maybe that is the catch.

Re ASIO: Can you confirm that you still have issues with OGG, can you upload one file somewhere and send me DL link in PM?
Best regards,
Peke
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

Hi Peke

I have AMD Catalyst Control Center, but not sure about Hydravision, but it also happens on the work computer coming off the intel chipset graphics driver.

I've uploaded a test track for the ogg issues, and PM'ed you with the link. Most times it won't play at all, occasionally I can skip ahead and it will play, but seek again and it will freeze once more.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Maximize issue tracked as 8683.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Nebbin

Re: MM4 1455 - Some Initial Issues [#8649,8662, 7843]

Post by Nebbin »

I've installed MM 4.0.0.1459, and I can confirm that the window sizing now works as it should, and the scrolling issue hasn't returned. The problem with ASIO may be caused by something on my PC, so I'll reimage this weekend and see if there's any change.
Peke

Re: MM4 1455 - Some Initial Issues [#8649,8662, 7843]

Post by Peke »

Try to use Hydravision (optional download on ATi driver page) I find it better, than most commercial solutions.
Best regards,
Peke