*Path*...

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Zzaj

*Path*...

Post by Zzaj »

When I'm using SEND TO (FOLDER/RIP/CONVERT), the path name is coming up with a default setting of g:/entertainment/music/title... I want to change that to be g:/entertainment/music/album artist/album/title - I can do that manually, but WHERE can I change the setting so it's automatic?

I've looked down through the SETTINGS, but can't determine where I can set it - a PICTURE would be worth millions of words, if someone can put up a "step-by-step" for where to change that setting!

Thanks!
Pietercape

Re: *Path*...

Post by Pietercape »

Hi,
When you get to g:/Entertainment/ etc right click on the path and it will open a new dialog box where you can change the path and in Configure (in the same dialog box) you can change the Artist, Title etc path as well as the file conversion type such as MP3, flac etc.
Lifetime Gold - User for 18 years
Library 23k tracks
Zzaj

Post by Zzaj »

Pietercape wrote:Hi,
When you get to g:/Entertainment/ etc right click on the path and it will open a new dialog box where you can change the path and in Configure (in the same dialog box) you can change the Artist, Title etc path as well as the file conversion type such as MP3, flac etc.
'k, I know about that, but (in my mind) that means I have to do that MANUALLY each time... I'm trying to figure out where to change it so the DEFAULT setting is what "I" want, not what currently comes up as DEFAULT... does anyone know if there is a way to do that, & if so, where/how?
Pietercape

Post by Pietercape »

In my experience once you change the setting it becomes the default until you change it again.
Lifetime Gold - User for 18 years
Library 23k tracks
Zzaj

Post by Zzaj »

Pietercape wrote:In my experience once you change the setting it becomes the default until you change it again.
Hmmm... that's not MY experience... does ANYONE know where the SETTING is for Destination on SEND TO?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Zzaj wrote:
Pietercape wrote:In my experience once you change the setting it becomes the default until you change it again.
Hmmm... that's not MY experience... does ANYONE know where the SETTING is for Destination on SEND TO?
It's not a setting, it's a history. So all the last places that you "Sent to" will appear at the top of the context menu. I believe it remembers 3 or 5 of the last ones used.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Zzaj

Post by Zzaj »

nohitter151 wrote:
Zzaj wrote:
It's not a setting, it's a history. So all the last places that you "Sent to" will appear at the top of the context menu. I believe it remembers 3 or 5 of the last ones used.
Ah - cool... I see it now, as you described it... much appreciated!
Zzaj

Post by Zzaj »

nohitter151 wrote:
Zzaj wrote:
One other question on this - would it be possible to have the history default to the MOST CURRENT one used? That way I wouldn't have to keep clicking it to get it to do the one I last used (one down from the default history record)....
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Zzaj wrote:
One other question on this - would it be possible to have the history default to the MOST CURRENT one used? That way I wouldn't have to keep clicking it to get it to do the one I last used (one down from the default history record)....
I don't understand what you mean. The most currently used folder is listed at the very top of the context menu.

Zzaj

Post by Zzaj »

nohitter151 wrote:
Zzaj wrote:
I don't understand what you mean. The most currently used folder is listed at the very top of the context menu.
Understand, but it would be nice if that "most currently used" folder automatically filled in - without having to click the dropdown to the right to get it to put the right pathname in there... right now, the only way I can get the path I want is to click that dropdown from the context menu...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

How would you access the drop-down if it automatically went to the last used folder.
Zzaj

Post by Zzaj »

Lowlander wrote:How would you access the drop-down if it automatically went to the last used folder.
By clicking on the drop-down to the right... I would just like the LAST PATH USED to show up in the box, rather than having to click the drop-down to get it in there... I know other Windows programs do that...
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Zzaj wrote:
Lowlander wrote:How would you access the drop-down if it automatically went to the last used folder.
By clicking on the drop-down to the right... I would just like the LAST PATH USED to show up in the box, rather than having to click the drop-down to get it in there... I know other Windows programs do that...
I don't think people would like their context menu to be cluttered up with recently used folders. Plus if you put it right in the root context menu people won't have any idea what the path refers to (eg is it send to (Copy) Send to (Move) etc.