MM4 DB - Filepath issues after porting to new PC

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

robimart

MM4 DB - Filepath issues after porting to new PC

Post by robimart »

Hello there,

I've been happily using MM4 for some time but recently decided it was time to replace the PC that it runs on. On the new PC, I installed MM4 as "portable" and then copied the MM.DB from the old PC into the appropriate directory. When I now load MM4 I can see all my 20k tracks but they are are greyed out. The Path column shows "[DATA]\MUSIC\......." instead of "D:\MUSIC\....". DATA is the volume label for harddisk D:, and it was the same harddisk with the same volume label on my old install.

Naturally I tried the "Located Moved/Missing Files" features and pointed it to "D:\MUSIC\" but after scanning all the files it comes up with no files to match. Any ideas on how I can change the "[DATA]" path to "D:\" for all tracks?

PS: In case you're wondering, I have tried reimporting all the files into the library which does work (it even syncs up with my star ratings etc) BUT then all the dates in the "Added" column are set to today's date. That's a major issue for me as all my autoplaylists work off this column (e.g. play music 4 or greater stars added in last 90 days). If anyone knows how this read-only column can be edited that would be an added bonus for me...

Any tips would be most welcome, I'm very sad without my music right now!

Thanks
Robin
Lowlander

Re: MM4 DB - Filepath issues after porting to new PC

Post by Lowlander »

robimart

Post by robimart »

Thanks for that tip! Whilst the script didn't work for me (I got the same VB script error a number of other Win7 x64 users have experienced), there was a link on the forum with instructions on how to manually edit MM.DB file to repoint to the new drive. Finally got it to work and am very pleased...!

Cheers,
robimart

Post by Guest »

Hello,

>>there was a link on the forum with instructions on how to manually edit MM.DB file

could you please provide the link ... I couldn't find it, and I have a similar problem.

Thank you,
Klaus