PUID Generator 2.5 - Updated 28/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Re: PUID Generator 2.4 - Updated 17/10/2010

Post by Guest »

dear trixmoto,

finally managed to get some stuff logged. where xxx replaces the original characters.

Code: Select all

11:48:48	StartSearch(Panel,"xxx; xxx","xxx; xxx","xxx")
11:48:49	ShowResult(0)
11:48:49	ContinueSearch(Tmr)
11:48:49	CreatePUID(ele,"path replaced","")
11:48:49	>%comspec% /c E:\SOFTWA~1\MEDIAM~1\SCRIPTS\MIPT\genpuid.exe f25c7a6acad172541066f475175465a7 -rmd=2 path & file name replaced >E:\SOFTWA~1\MEDIAM~1\TEMP\MIPT.xml
11:49:12	File is empty
11:49:14	ContinueSearch(Tmr)
11:49:14	Finished
11:49:20	FinishSearch(Panel)
when i checked mipt.xml file, it is indeed empty.

does this help to fix the problem? puids are still not stored in the tag specified.

thx & best regards
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Could you email me the file so that I can try it myself? You might want to try deleting the empty "E:\SOFTWA~1\MEDIAM~1\TEMP\MIPT.xml" file as well, in case it's locked.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Post by Guest »

dear trixmoto,

did delete the file - still no results.
MM processes the files and finally comes up with a "... Saving tags ..." status bar - taking ages and not finishing so I have to restart MM, as it even won't stop with "Terminate".
I try to genereate the PUID for my audio books and some music files. simple mp3 files, fully tagged.
using win 7, MM as portable installation on an usb stick - but this shouldn't make a difference.

to me it seems like the xml file is created as a file, but the content is not genereated.

are there any limitations or restrictions regarding files and file types to be tagged?
is there a way to check whether it is a uid generation or a tag writing problem?

btw.: a puid.xml (as coded in the vbs script) is not generated in the directory.

many thx!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sounds like it's a problem with the external application, or the server that it's communicating with. This script is just an interface really, not much I can do about the about generation of the PUIDs, sorry.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Post by Guest »

dear trixmoto,

seemed to be a networking issue - tried to execute the script in a different network location (no proxy) and suddenly it worked! ;-)
could you think of extending the script by a network connection error message for future script fans?

thx for your support!
br
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm not sure how I would check for that, but I could give it a go.
lobojon

Post by lobojon »

Hello, did I miss the reply to the speed issue above when comparing the PUID Generator to the Music IP Tagger? Some say that one is faster than the other, but I cannot find anything more than a general reference. I am new to the PUID thang and just started to load my tags with it because of some messy files. Does anyone have a more definitive speed comparison of the two performing an acoustic finger print analysis?
Cheers
MM Lifer since 2008. Still apprentice (noob) level.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Toshiba Satellite laptop
Music collection of 2 TB located on an external hard
Spybot Search & Destroy / Iobit Anti Malware
Avast Antivirus Free Edition

I love the Monkey and the forum.
Thanks to all who provide advice, assistance, add ons and scripts. It is very much appreciated!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

They use the same external program to do the lookup, so theoretically there should be no difference, I've certainly never noticed one.
BetterThanBestGuest

Post by BetterThanBestGuest »

'Ello Trix and all you other kind peoples. :-)
I have tried to use this script to get PUID's for my track's, and sometimes it just hungs up and do almost nothing.
Soo, i looked in to this and found that in Line:206 str = tmp.getAttribute("puid") there will be a problem when
the PUID.xml dosent have that attribute in it... (When there is a "pending"-message sent instead of the puid-message,
the attribute is changed to "status" instead of "puid".) This slows down the script when there's some "pending"-tracks
along with tracks that analyzes just fine.

When there is a puid available, the .xml looks like this:

<genpuid songs="1">
<track puid="bd21ffd4-7c7d-32db-3d19-22d50db9dd7a" />
</genpuid>

When there is NOT a puid available, the .xml looks like this:

<genpuid songs="1">
<track status="pending"></track>
</genpuid>

I just want the possibility that the scripts adds "pending" to the chosen tagfield when there is no PUID and that it handles
the other "status" value correctly. (Instead of just waiting for the "puid" value? I don't know.) :-)

I guess there will be a simlilar error in MusicIPTagger.vbs to? Thank's in advance, //BetterThanBestGuest c",)
(Btw: If i try to read the PUID.xml when the script is running, the .xml looks empty then.) Someone had that as a problem..
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've added this to my list, I'll take a look when I've got a chance.
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

Hey Trix,

Noticed something odd when running PUID Gen.: Any item in the Tempo field gets placed into the Comments field. Just thought I'd let you know.
MM Gold since 2006
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I never touch the Tempo field.
trixmoto

Re: PUID Generator 2.5 - Updated 28/07/2012

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.5) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed getting short path with new API method
- Added option to tag with status if no PUID available
MMuser2011

Post by MMuser2011 »

Thank you for this update, trixmoto! Another fine piece of excellent software! :wink:

What do you think about a version for AcoustID?
Could I replace the external tool to calculate the PUID with the one to calculate the AcoustID (fpcalc.exe)?
Magic Nodes v4.3.3 (2018-10-03) last free version SQL Viewer v2.4 (2009-10-25)
ExternalTools v1.4 (2011-05-09) iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid
Calculate Cover Size v1.7 (2012-10-23) RegExp Find & Replace v4.4.9 (2018-10-03) last free version
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks, I'm glad you've found it useful.

It seems the biggest problem with using AcousticID is that the script "needs to find a way to decode audio files (MP3, MP4, FLAC, etc.) and feed the uncompressed data to Chromaprint". I'm not sure this is possible, without getting you to convert all of your tracks to .wav files first, unless I can find another application to do that. If I could get over that technical hurdle then I guess it should be possible.