Is there a script to make a playlist of new albums?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

neonfire999

Is there a script to make a playlist of new albums?

Post by neonfire999 »

I tend to listen to full albums at a time, and I have a lot of albums that I've been meaning to listen to but just haven't gotten around to it yet and they're starting to pile up. I'm wondering if there is a script that could make a playlist that contains all the albums with less than X amount of plays in total/contains less plays than the track total/Contains X amount of tracks with 0 plays or just anything that you think could help me out. Thanks!
ZvezdanD

Re: Is there a script to make a playlist of new albums?

Post by ZvezdanD »

You could use the Magic Nodes add-on and some of its masks, e.g. the predefined "Albums added in last 10 weeks" mask from the Albums folder or some mask from Playing statistic folder, e.g. "Complete albums where at least half of the tracks are not played".

You could find those nodes in the Magic Nodes branch of the tree panel, but if you need to get them in the Playlists branch then you should open Magic Nodes Settings dialog box, choose specific mask and specify Child of - Playlists with the Position list boxes.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
neonfire999

Post by neonfire999 »

ZvezdanD wrote:You could use the Magic Nodes add-on and some of its masks, e.g. the predefined "Albums added in last 10 weeks" mask from the Albums folder or some mask from Playing statistic folder, e.g. "Complete albums where at least half of the tracks are not played".

You could find those nodes in the Magic Nodes branch of the tree panel, but if you need to get them in the Playlists branch then you should open Magic Nodes Settings dialog box, choose specific mask and specify Child of - Playlists with the Position list boxes.
I downloaded Magic Nodes, and the two masks that I found interesting were "Unplayed complete albums" and "Complete albums where at least half of the tracks are not played" but I was trying to figure out if there was a way I could use Magic Nodes to create a custom node for albums that have at least one unplayed track. Is it possible you could modify either of the two I mentioned and then help me add it as a new node in the "Playing statistics" node and create a Playlist with that?
neonfire999

Post by neonfire999 »

ZvezdanD wrote:You could use the Magic Nodes add-on and some of its masks, e.g. the predefined "Albums added in last 10 weeks" mask from the Albums folder or some mask from Playing statistic folder, e.g. "Complete albums where at least half of the tracks are not played".

Actually, I might have done this right.. Let me know if this will do what I'm trying to do:

Code: Select all

<Group|Name:Playing statistics|Show tracks:No>\Complete albums where at least one track is not played|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Count(TrackNumber) = Max(Cast(TrackNumber As integer)) AND Count(TrackNumber) > 3 AND Sum(CASE WHEN PlayCounter > 0 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) < Count(*) - 1)\<Album|Trim:1|Statistic:Count(Items)>\<Album with album artist|Statistic:Count(Tracks)>
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

neonfire999 wrote:

Actually, I might have done this right.. Let me know if this will do what I'm trying to do:

<Group|Name:Playing statistics|Show tracks:No>\Complete albums where at least one track is not played|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Count(TrackNumber) = Max(Cast(TrackNumber As integer)) AND Count(TrackNumber) > 3 AND Sum(CASE WHEN PlayCounter > 0 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) < Count(*) - 1)\<Album|Trim:1|Statistic:Count(Items)>\<Album with album artist|Statistic:Count(Tracks)>
You are very good! That is the right syntax.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
neonfire999

Post by neonfire999 »

ZvezdanD wrote:
neonfire999 wrote:

You are very good! That is the right syntax.
Alright good :) Now how do I make this into a playlist?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

neonfire999 wrote:Alright good :) Now how do I make this into a playlist?
I told you already, specify Child of - Playlists with the Position list boxes.
neonfire999

Post by neonfire999 »

ZvezdanD wrote:
neonfire999 wrote:Alright good :) Now how do I make this into a playlist?
I told you already, specify Child of - Playlists with the Position list boxes.
Alright, thanks! I think I got it.. I'm just going to sync my phone and see if it shows up on there..