MM doesn't see files ripped with DB Poweramp

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

EkW

MM doesn't see files ripped with DB Poweramp

Post by EkW »

MM4 refuses to index any cd ripped with db poweramp. The files are there. I can manually force MM to play the file but the music is not on any tree. Search fails to find the music. I have gone to Maintain library, rescanned, and restarted. In order to get MM to see new music I have to rip it from MM. But I don't have the gold version and it is very slow. I wish to stay with poweramp.
Why isn't MM4 seeing new music and how can I fix it? I am still using 4.0.1 because my computer refused to install 4.0.2.
Thanks,
Eric
Stigg

Re: MM doesn't see files ripped with DB Poweramp

Post by Stigg »

That is strange. I rip with dBpoweramp all the time and don't have any problem. Maybe it is a tagging problem.

What file format are you ripping to?
Also. Do you have File Monitor on and pointing at the right folders / sub-folders?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure you check other Collections like Classical Music as that's where files are often found: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... _Rules/4.0
EkW

Post by EkW »

It is not the "I can't find my classical music" problem. After encountering the problem I tried a classical album and a various artists. Neither shows up anywhere. Searches fail to find them. They are invisible to MM4. Only by ripping from within MM4 will the album show up.
What sort of changes would I need to make to tagging settings? Everything worked in MM3.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure the files aren't set to hidden and aren't located in the Virtual CD, Previews or UPnP Cache folders as all those files will be ignored on scanning.
EkW

Post by EkW »

There is nothing in the Virtual CD tab and the recently ripped stuff does not show up in Previews. Until looking it up just now I was clueless about Previews. There is a bunch of stuff there, but I have never asked for a preview of anything and probably never will. How can I safely clear that crap out and why it is there if I didn't instruct it to put it there?
I haven't changed any poweramp settings. The music ripped by dB Poweramp is in the proper location with the rest of my collection, which was ripped by dB Poweramp. Only MM can't see it.
If I roll back to MM3 do I get my Gold status back? Moving to MM4 appears to have been a mistake. At the very least it has been a royal pain with much time spent being frustrated trying to get the new version to do very simple things properly. The only new feature that I want is the proper tagging of classical music. Segregation is a small price to pay for improving how it is handled.
Any other suggestions on why my system won't recognize newly ripped music?
I am ripping to FLAC and File Monitor is set to scan and update and it points to the right place. Quitting and restarting MM did not help.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Try to navigate to the files using the Entire Library > Location node (enable under Tools > Options > Media Tree) and see if you can see the files.

As for the Virtual CD files, etc. you don't have to check those nodes, you need to check the Options to make sure their folders aren't set to folders you normally store music files as files in those folders won't be scanned into MediaMonkey.
EkW

Post by EkW »

Virtual Cd is not set to where my music goes.
VCD is C:\Users\MusicVault\AppData\Local\MediaMonkey\VirtualCD\
Preview C:\Users\MusicVault\AppData\Local\MediaMonkey\Previews\
similar for preview. There is a 51 Mb MM.db file in C:\Users\MusicVault\AppData\Local\MediaMonkey dated 26 Nov 2011.
All music is in E:\music\

Scanning for new files has consistently failed to find the files.

I now suspect that the failed install of 4.02 may have screwed up something. A re-install of the software seems to be the next logical step.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

EkW wrote:next logical step
Lowlander wrote:Try to navigate to the files using the Entire Library > Location node (enable under Tools > Options > Media Tree) and see if you can see the files.
EkW

Post by EkW »

I forgot to mention that I did the Entire Library thing. Recently ripped files, including the one I just ripped do not show. The only way the MM can see the files is File:Open URL or File. After selecting them that way and playing them and re-scanning and restarting MM the files are still invisible search, expansions, nodes,and trees.
svburke

Post by svburke »

Didn't see this mentioned above -- make sure add/scan in MM is set to include the type of file you created with dBpoweramp.

There shouldn't be any compatibility issue with dBpoweramp and MM -- I've used them both for a couple years without ever having a problem in MM3 or 4.