Where are all my skins?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

waypointwatchman

Where are all my skins?

Post by waypointwatchman »

I'm not a newby, I've been using MM for years, and have had to re-register because of change of email address. I'm running Windows 7 and MM version 3.2.1.1297 on a lifetime gold licence, and am looking at updating to the new version. I've looked up my problem in the forum, but the situation didn't exactly match. I downloaded a load of skins some time ago, which have all been operating fine and can all be seen in the options/skin menu. I wanted to safeguard them before upgrade. I have the folder option to show all hidden files activated, but they cannot be found in the skin directory of the program, (which is where I'm sure that I put them on downloading them), neither are they in the directory suggested by the forum, of user/username/AppData/Media because it doesn't exist - my installed version is 3. The computer does not see the files on a file search. What is happening here please? Is an update from version 3 to 4 going to require new skin versions or can I use what I have, and where in my system can they be found? Thanks for your help folks.
Lowlander

Re: Where are all my skins?

Post by Lowlander »

Installed skins should be in the Program Files\MediaMonkey\Skins folder. They have an msz extension.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

On Windows 7 it's Program Files (x86) ... I had no problem with my skins when upgrading to MM4. :)
Stop Button Freak
waypointwatchman

Post by waypointwatchman »

Thanks for the replies, but I have double-checked my folder C: Program files (x86)/MediaMonkey/Skins and although I have MANY skins operative, there are only 3 .msz files to be seen, the other 5 visible files are 3 bitmap images, one .png image and one default.mskn. Have I found a bug?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Check C:\ProgramData\MediaMonkey\Extensions
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

But that's just the uninstall data, right?
Stop Button Freak