Drag & drop from MM4 to iTunes 10.5 fails [#9101]

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

DaKo

Drag & drop from MM4 to iTunes 10.5 fails [#9101]

Post by DaKo »

Hi,

I've been using Mediamonkey for a few years now and upgraded to Mediamonkey 4 a few weeks ago (I made a clean install). Previously (with MM3), I could select songs from Mediamonkey and drag-and-drop them into iTunes to my connected iPhone so that the files were transfered to it (iTunes transfered them). But since I updated to MM4 iTunes shows a stop icon when I want to drag-and-drop some songs from MM to it (it doesn't seem to "allow" them). When I use the files directly from the music folder iTunes "accepts" them. I have iTunes 10.5.1 installed and my iPhone 4 has iOS 5.0.1. Is this "issue" related to MM4 not being compatible to iTunes 10.5 yet or has something changed in MM4? I hope someone can answer my question.
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Bug Report forum
DaKo

Re: Drag-and-drop from MM4 to iTunes 10.5 doesn't work anymo

Post by DaKo »

Can nobody answer my question?
DaKo

Drag-and-drop from MM4 to iTunes doesn't work anymore?

Post by DaKo »

Hi,

I already posted this in the device synchronization section, but I havent got any answer, so maybe this section here is better.

I've been using Mediamonkey for a few years now and upgraded to Mediamonkey 4 a few weeks ago (I made a clean install). Previously (with MM3), I could select songs from Mediamonkey and drag-and-drop them into iTunes to my connected iPhone so that the files were transfered to it (iTunes transfered them). But since I updated to MM4 iTunes shows a stop icon when I want to drag-and-drop some songs from MM to it (it doesn't seem to "allow" them). When I use the files directly from the music folder iTunes "accepts" them. I have iTunes 10.5.1 installed and my iPhone 4 has iOS 5.0.1. Is this "issue" related to MM4 not being compatible to iTunes 10.5 yet or has something changed in MM4? I hope someone can answer my question.
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
hooger158

Post by hooger158 »

I don't have an answer, but MM3.2.2 is doing the same thing to me. I can drag and drop from explorer, but not MM.
DaKo

Post by DaKo »

Thanks for your reply. Maybe it's iTunes fault somehow. I also downloaded the iTunes plugin for MediaMonkey but that didn't work either. I guess I'll have to wait for a MM update which makes it compatible with iTunes 10.5 :(.
mjnmusic

Post by mjnmusic »

Same here. Used to drag playlists from MM to an ITunes Playlist in ITunes but now I can't. Hoping for a solution soon!
funnycreature

Post by funnycreature »

Yep. Problem still existing and bugging the crap out of me! What gives?!?!? So far it seemed that MM was virtually the same as Windows Explorer when it comes to file handling etc. (remember the issue with selecting files anyone?). Adding all the files that I updated in MM to iTunes is now a real pain. Although I have to agree with other users that most likely iTunes is the culprit....
techsponge

Re: Drag & drop from MM4 to iTunes 10.5 fails [#9101]

Post by techsponge »

I figured out a workaround that is just as easy. Dragging does not work but you can copy paste songs or even whole lists of songs. Gives you the same results as before.
Lowlander

Re: Drag & drop from MM4 to iTunes 10.5 fails [#9101]

Post by Lowlander »

And it may be something on iTunes end as I can't drag & drop from other applications to iTunes either.
CarlitoGil

Drag and Drop to iTunes

Post by CarlitoGil »

I can drag and drop between MediaMonkey, foobar2000 and iTunes in all directions except from MediaMonkey to iTunes.
Am I missing something?
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
iTunesMonkey + Acoustid – Find metadata from iTunes and Acoustid