MusicIP Tagger 2.0 - Updated 28/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: MusicIP Tagger 1.9 - Updated 05/03/2011

Post by trixmoto »

I haven't stated anything, no. But if it's not working then I think me stating it doesn't really help :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you saying it is expected that it doesn't work or can I help troubleshoot why it isn't working for me?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well it sounds like the server which the script requests information from isn't working, so there's probably not much that can be done, no.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Okay, that's sad to hear.
Metazargo

Post by Metazargo »

MusicIP Tagger 1.9 doesn't tag artist, don't know if caused by the server or the add-on.

MusicIP Tagger is/was really useful to clean up.

I found MusicBrainz NGS + AcoustId Tagger http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=64124
I didn't read about experiences on MM4, and it uses an external code for tagging.

I'm unsure and hope this will be solved improve...?

Improvement is also needed in:
- Manually overwrite proposed tags before applying
- Apply settings also on tracks already scanned before applying

Thanks for the great contributions!
Music is the Answer

Manage it with MediaMonkey
LIsten to it on Squeezebox Touch, -Radio, -Controller, -Receiver, Squeezelite-X, iPeng on iPhone
Serve it by Squeezebox Server aka LMS running on QNAP
Store it to NAS Raid 1 with backup to OneDrive
booblers

Post by booblers »

Metazargo wrote:I found MusicBrainz NGS + AcoustId Tagger http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=64124
I didn't read about experiences on MM4, and it uses an external code for tagging.
Just to be clear - the external executable is only used if you want the additional tags written to the file that MM cannot write. The script functions just like any other MM tagging script if you turn off writetag in the options. If you leave it on then you get embedded custom tags for musicbrainz ids and acoustids. The same executable could be used to embed PUIDs as well.

If you try it let me know how it works in MM4 - I don't use MM4 but I read about the install changes and tried to stick to them except that the install.ini might need to be changed, not sure.
Andulien

Post by Andulien »

I really like MusicIP Tagger, it helped me a lot on my huge library that was for the longest time just mashed together. Is this addon still worked on? I noticed for a while now that it always tries to tag the Track # Field as 0. Not sure if this is a server side issue, or if this is something with the Tagger Addon? Would be great if this project was continued :D
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've not stopped developing it as such, I just haven't had any suggestions for enhancements, or any bug reports that I'm aware of.
blackjackel

Post by blackjackel »

Trixmoto, you are a badass coder and I've already donated to you!

I Was using this plugin today and i found these bugs:

- Track title never updates, even if it's missing. Yes the "Update Track Title?" was checked in settings.

- Artist never updates, even if it's missing. Yes the "Update track artist?" was checked in settings.

- As the previous posted before you had said, Track # ALWAYS updates to 0. Is this a bug?

- I don't think anything updates other than the album and the track # (track # always updates to 0)

Willing to donate another $5 when these bugs are fixed :)
Kevinowpb

Post by Kevinowpb »

Ditto!... without reposting verbatim... this is how my experience has been with this add on, but it used to work... something changed at Amazon?

blackjackel wrote:Trixmoto, you are a badass coder and I've already donated to you!

I Was using this plugin today and i found these bugs:

- Track title never updates, even if it's missing. Yes the "Update Track Title?" was checked in settings.

- Artist never updates, even if it's missing. Yes the "Update track artist?" was checked in settings.

- As the previous posted before you had said, Track # ALWAYS updates to 0. Is this a bug?

- I don't think anything updates other than the album and the track # (track # always updates to 0)

Willing to donate another $5 when these bugs are fixed :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've added these to my list, I'll see what I can do. Probably changes to the service provider, yes.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

So I just installed Mediamonkey and the MusicIP extension. I'll be using this primarily for my Squeezebox and the Spicefly Sugarcube plugin. So my issue is that I have hundreds of tracks deemed "unanalyzable" by MusicIP. Is there any way I can prevent this from happening? I don't need the artist/album/genre tags, just the part that lets my tracks be "mixable" by Sugarcube. Any suggestions?

Thanks very much in advance.
bakker_be

Post by bakker_be »

Morbeas wrote:So I just installed Mediamonkey and the MusicIP extension. I'll be using this primarily for my Squeezebox and the Spicefly Sugarcube plugin. So my issue is that I have hundreds of tracks deemed "unanalyzable" by MusicIP. Is there any way I can prevent this from happening? I don't need the artist/album/genre tags, just the part that lets my tracks be "mixable" by Sugarcube. Any suggestions?

Thanks very much in advance.
Your unanalyzable tracks are probably WMA, or their names contain diacritics. I've noticed in my own collection that MusicIP doesn't really like that :)
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

No, my entire collection is 100% FLAC and the names of the tracks in question do not contain diacritics. :(

Any other suggestions?
bakker_be

Post by bakker_be »

Sorry, no other idea's. I've just checked again, and the only files I have with that status are wma, or their names contain some kind of non-standard character (there are names in Cyrillic, classical composer Dvořák, some french titles, ...)
Release date can't be an issue, as I've got some really recent discs in there.
In your place I'd try to first convert some of those files back to WAV and reencode them to FLAC. I've had to do that with some of my older FLAC-rips to get them to analyze.