Magic Nodes 1.3b (IS OUTDATED SEE NOTE IN FIRST POST)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Post by Guest »

Teknojky

I've wrestled with the same problem without success. On the Magic Nodes website there is the following note:

"Currently, the all and unknown nodes ignore most of the qualifiers. For example, if you select the top artists using top:10, the all node will show tracks from all artists, not only those 10. This is not the most convenient behavior, so it will be fixed in a future release."

You could try One Hit Wonders|showtrack:no which should have the effect of not showing any tracks when you click the main node. This at least prevents every track in the library from showing, whilst still preserving the subnodes as they are.

Sorry I can't be more help than that, but it works for me.
Sammy20

Post by Sammy20 »

darchangel wrote:is there a way to do the following with magic nodes? i have genres seperated out with seperate subgenres by a delimiter (i use a comma then a space but i'd like to be able to specify any delimiter). right now my nodes look flat like this:

Code: Select all

Electronic, House
Electronic, Trance
Rock, Alternative
Rock, Grunge
i'd like them to expand/collapse/cascade like this:

Electronic
  House
  Trance
Rock
  Alternative
  Grunge
also, if changing to a 1 character delimiter would be necessary, that would be easy to do, but obviously i'd like to keep it as is if possible.

currently, my genres have at most 1 genre but i'd be great to be able to specify more. even better if when clicking on the parent genre that you could see all children but that part's probably a pipe dream

EDIT: d'oh. I see now that 'left of'/'right of' does the trick. I ought to have read that better. In my defense though, it was very hard to find. It's only listed briefly in this thread and in the 'what's new' section on the main page. This is a WONDERFUL feature. Can it be published in some of your examples?
Hey,

Could you post the code you used to get it working? I've been playing around with the left of: code, and it keeps failing me.

I would really like this as sub genres sounds good to me.
the-order

Post by the-order »

Yes please post the code that you used to get that working. Also im wondering if it is possible to make a similar one with like a video node. Right now it looks like this;

+Library
+Videos
__+South Park (artist)

I wonder if you can make somthing like this;

+Library
+Videos
__+Artist
____+South Park
__+Album
____+Season 1
__+Genre
____+Comedy

I wonder if you can have multiple nodes in a custom node with magic nodes.
PS sorry i couldnt figure out how to make spaces for the tree thing so i had to use _
Sammy20

Post by Sammy20 »

Ok, I was just digging through this thread, and found an example for sub-genres!
Super genres|child of:genre|icon:top level\<genre|left of:->\<genre|right of:->\<album artist>\<album|sort by:max(year)>

Tested, and it works very well.
Eminent

Post by Eminent »

Eminent wrote:MediaMonkey doesn't ignore the "The" in in all relevant artist names when I'm using this Magic Node:

Artist|child of:Location\<artist>\<album|sort by:max(year)|sort order:desc>
Any ideas on how to fix this?
Any news on this?
Bex

Post by Bex »

The Magic Node scripts needs to be rewritten to ignore sorting on "The" etc. You should ask Pablo, the author of Magic Nodes, or perhaps someone else to implement this if you're not able todo it yourself.

/Bex

Post by Guest »

The 'Original Year' field in MM doesn't appear to be supported in Magic Nodes.

Any plans to add this in the future?

Or can anybody offer some advice on how to do it?

Thanks.
tbessie

How to control sort order of the MagicNodes themselves?

Post by tbessie »

I don't understand how MagicNodes is keeping the order of the nodes themselves under the MagicNodes node. It's definitely not alphabetic... I have the following nodes, and they are listed in this order:

Composed
Encoding
Composer - Unknown
Genre+
Album Artist

Not alphabetical. If I remove one (say, "Composer - Unknown"), then re-add it, it appears in the same place.

How are these nodes sorted, and how can I change the sort order?

- Tim
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I believe its in the mediamonkey.ini under the [CustomNodeMasks] section.
tbessie

Thanks much!

Post by tbessie »

You'd think it would be under something called, oh, like "MagicNodesMasks" or something, wouldn't you? :-) CustomNodeMasks sounds kind of generic, not specific to the add-on script that created it.

Also, it has this odd format, I noticed. The last node created comes second in the list, but has the index of 0, and is also repeated at the end of the list. Maybe it's their way of keeping track of the last node created... wouldn't "LastCreatedNode" or something be more mnemonic? Is the guy who wrote it actually a real programmer?? :-/

By the way, I noticed that the separate thread I created for the question was deleted. Who does that? I know I double-posted, but I wasn't sure that things at the buttom of the MagicNodes thread get read often.

- Tim
onkel_enno

Re: Thanks much!

Post by onkel_enno »

tbessie wrote: By the way, I noticed that the separate thread I created for the question was deleted. Who does that?
That was me :P

BTW. Critizizing a programmers work is always easy. You can customize Pablo's Script so that the INI-Entries are named how you like it.
Magic Nodes was first called Custom Nodes!! Like MediaMonkey was first called Songs-DB.
tbessie

Ahhh...

Post by tbessie »

that explains it (the node name).

But I'm a programmer, and I welcome criticism. I may bite, but I still welcome it. :-)

In this case, though, it was from my own ignorance, so I take that statement back. My critical nature of late has been increased due to working with a horrible, HORRIBLE outsourcing firm who's engineers did things like this -- we told them they needed to use more symbolic constants for their constant values (eg. PI instead of 3.14139, etc.).

So what did they do? They created lines like this (in Java):

public static final int ONE = 1;
public static final int ONE_HUNDRED_TWENTY_SIX = 126;
public static final int NINETEEN_SEVENTY_THREE = 1973;
int year = NINETEEN_SEVENTY_THREE;
... etc. ...
Since then, I have jumped at anything that even LOOKS like a bad coding practice. Hope you can understand. :-)

- Tim[/code]
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

lol, I think your Engineers should do another Job :lol:
tbessie

Oh, typo there, sorry...

Post by tbessie »

PI=3.14159... :-)

- Tim
Andrew Brown

filtering on subgenres

Post by Andrew Brown »

I have been trying to make a magic node which will represent only those tracks with "classical" in their genre, sorted first by composer. This seems to be completely impossible because I can't seem to filter on parts of genres.

Here is the problem.

I have my genres set up for Classical like this

Classical .Baroque
Classical .Romantic
Classical .Romantic . Piano

and so on.

What I would like to work is something like

Classical Composer|filter:genre|left of:.='Classical'>\<composer>\<artist>\<album>
But when I do that, I get all tracks with any composer listed and many of these aren't classical at all. Other variations get me long, tangled SQL errors.

So I have two questions: Is there a way to get this working using "filter:" or must I write an SQL query?

If I have to write an sql filter condition, where is there a listing of the database structure? Is there a way to connect with the database from the outside?