error during player initialization

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

spacekris

Re: error during player initialization

Post by spacekris »

i cannot find MediaMonkey_Debug.exe , where to download?
Bex

Post by Bex »

Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

i have to install a complete debug build over the normal installation..?
man, no wonder, that these kind of errors seem to persist and nobody is sending logs.
easy is different.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Actually it is really easy as you install the debug as you would with a normal installation over the existing installation. Nothing changes for you after doing this other than that DBGView (which only needs to be downloaded and run) will generate logs on all your activities in MediaMonkey.
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

i did. dgbview is showing nothing.

a call easy bugreporting something else, like "enable log & save", as a menu in mm.
this procedure nobody will go through and i did never see it on any other software.
so guess, why eg this error is still active after some versions.. :roll:
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The default version doesn't do this as it would slow down the program a little. If DGView doesn't show logs you either didn't install or aren't running the debug version of MediaMonkey or need to run DBGView as Administrator.
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

i installed it as portable over the normal portable installation,
started dgbview (i am admin) and run nonskinned.exe
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That should work, it has never given me issues running the debug version as Portable Install.
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

well, it doesnt.
maybe we can start another debugger that tracks why the debugging is not working?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i remember in the last couple weeks there were i think maybe 2 updates to the 2003 server from ms. did you get them? if so did this happen after you got them? or did it start before you got them?

if you didn't get them maybe getting them will help.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

sry, already until now, too much fuss for reporting a bug or using mm.
i use another player until this is resolved.
cheers.
RobotBoy

Post by RobotBoy »

I get the same error message when I open MediaMonkey (which I installed yesterday on Windows 7). From what I'm reading, this glitch should have been cleared up for this version. Hoping for a fix that is doable for someone with limited computer literacy like me.
RobotBoy

error during player initialization

Post by RobotBoy »

I just installed (yesterday) the latest version of MediaMonkey on Windows 7 when I get that 'player initialization' error. The player never appears (although the rest of the program does). Actually the box for it shows up, weirdly, when I close out of a webpage and a chunk of the webpage oddly appears in what I assume would be the player box. Any fix for this in a language that a software novice would be able to navigate would be extremely helpful.
KyleHx

Post by KyleHx »

I've tried tracking this down over & over .. and given up over & over.
BUT just today, with 4.1.1.1703, I fixed it on my XP system.
Instead of un-installing, re-installing, and over-installing, with edits to endless options,
what I did was drag around the player window .. out of then back into the main MM window.
The problem, at least for me, seems only to have been a sync-problem calling up the player's
sub-window. If you drag it out from it's current position (with glitches), then find a good
place to drag it back into, the "player initialization" error messages stop.
Meh78

Post by Meh78 »

This still happens : (

MM Gold 4.1.5.1719 (Portable Mode)

Installing the last.fm plugin (tried 1.0.2.29 and also 1.0.2.26), you start getting this error after a restart. I'm on "Metro M" skin and the player (with the start button etc.) disappears completely, I cannot even find it or drag it around.

It's definitely the last.fm plugin causing this error.