Req: Rating Stars in MMA to show existing rating

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Acemac

Req: Rating Stars in MMA to show existing rating

Post by Acemac »

Would it be possible for MMA to show a tracks existing rating rather than the stars appearing blank as they are at the moment for me. It would be handy to see so I can alter a rating if i choose but not have to bother if it's what I have already set.

Currently used on a Samsung S2 sync'd to a 32GB sd card if that helps at all.

Thank you,

Adrian.
Erazor2

Re: Req: Rating Stars in MMA to show existing rating

Post by Erazor2 »

I second that!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMA?
Acemac

Post by Acemac »

It's been like that on every version i've tried, currently using 80.

Adrian.
Erazor2

Post by Erazor2 »

The current version still does not show existing ratings (ID3).
Is this planned for the future?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

I've never sync'ed by wifi only usb and i also only get mma to start re-rating the songs it never uses the ratings from mmW. To me i find that to my likeing, as the songs have been played on android zero times and use of the mmW ratings would be a problem to the playlists which also have to be created on android in order for mma to play the m3u's. And if songs use mmW ratings then they have an more likely instance of play then the songs that had a low rate on mmW.

I am going on the fact mma is a new database and mmW would / will have a history of the songs play count that mma does not have.

Now going from mma to mmW i think there should be an option to add the play count to mmW's play count history so as the rating on mmW will reflect the rating for the songs played on mma.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Just tested and every file from My MMW library that have any rating also had same rating in MMA. No matter what I used to Sync USB or Wi-Fi. Only thing is that files needs to be synched with MMW.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Strange cause i dont get them and i use mmw to sync over usb. My songs all have ratings in them so they should show on mma, i wonder if its a mm4 vrs mm3 issue i was under impression usb sync was same in either mm version? But what also of the first 2 posters i believe they use mm4 .

If not an issue with mm versions then maybe issue is with song format used, i use ogg files.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
moonglow

Post by moonglow »

I'm synching over USB and have the same result as the others (no stars showing in MMA). Glad someone raised it as I'd just figured it was a feature in development.

I'm using the beta 1609 MMW (although I'd first tried the stable 4 and had the same result). I have mostly mp3's.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1609 is an old build, try the current 1617 build of MMW.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

It sounds to me like the MMA app reads a database for tag values, not the actual file tag. So for that reason you'd have to sync with a version of MediaMonkey (eg. version 4.1) that actually creates that database during the sync.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
moonglow

Post by moonglow »

I was using the latest versions but still having no joy. Having totally cleared everything and resynched some files, it now seems to be working properly.
nohitter151 wrote:It sounds to me like the MMA app reads a database for tag values, not the actual file tag. So for that reason you'd have to sync with a version of MediaMonkey (eg. version 4.1) that actually creates that database during the sync.
Acemac

Post by Acemac »

92 shows rating fine for me, the last couple of versions since 87 didn't, so it seems to be something that broke and has since been fixed, at least for some users anyway. Problems seem to hit some users rather than others I've noticed, with Samsung S2 & S3's showing more issues than most.

I do clear all previous install information from my phone before trying each new version after getting problems not doing so in the very early releases so don't know if that helps anyone having problems.

Adrian.
Buruan

Post by Buruan »

Peke wrote:Just tested and every file from My MMW library that have any rating also had same rating in MMA. No matter what I used to Sync USB or Wi-Fi. Only thing is that files needs to be synched with MMW.
Is it possible to add an option to "import" ratings from the id3 tags in MMA?
This would solve the problem of having to do the synch of MMW to MMA.

Player Pro for example has an option to do just that, and it works nicely.
wutzin

Post by wutzin »

Buruan wrote: Is it possible to add an option to "import" ratings from the id3 tags in MMA?
This would solve the problem of having to do the synch of MMW to MMA.

Player Pro for example has an option to do just that, and it works nicely.
I totally second this request. I think a lot of current MMW users have PlayerPro installed on their Android devices because it displays so nicely the MM ratings embedded in the ID3 tags (and even has a setting for the MM rating system).

I installed MMA and like the interface a lot - but the most realistic scenario is that a user ALREADY HAS a fat collection of MP3s on his SD card and is just installing MMA to check it out (like was the case for me). So without a new sync to build the DB (or when based on a previous MMW USB sync that didn't create the DB yet) the user has to find out: "Oh, MMA doesn't read ID3 ratings but needs to sync with its counter-part on PC -> this sounds a lot like the Apple Crap where you are locked into some proprietary database format instead of simply using ID3..." -> DELETE APP

(that's what would have happened for me if I wasn't such a die-hard MM fan)

Please stick with your basic design principles: allow users to put as much data as possible into the tracks themselves so that they are not locked into accessing their files only through one particular program which can read the underlying database.

Other than that: I ***LOVE*** the fact that I'll be soon able to have MMA as a full replacement for PlayerPro on my Android device! Thanks Guys - totally made my day ;)