Tracks show as played even after 1 sec of play [#10168]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Acemac

Tracks show as played even after 1 sec of play [#10168]

Post by Acemac »

I don't know if anyone else has had this, tracks played in MMA even for less than a second show as being played when metadata is sync'd back to MMW. Noticed this in both 80 & 85.

Samsung Galaxy S2 sync'd to 32gb SD card.
gpzbc

Re: Tracks show as played when sync'd even after 1 sec of pl

Post by gpzbc »

I think this may be an android or UPNP thing. I noticed all the music player and upnp servers that I have tried behave this way.
--
The gpzbc
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

There's an entry in the tracker pertaining to this, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully it's fixable (as well as saving a list of play times, not just last played). 10168: Playcounts aren't calculated consistently between MMA and MMW
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thanks
--
The gpzbc
mcow

Post by mcow »

That bug says "MMA considers a track played at ~10seconds" but I ran into a case yesterday where a local-storage track inadvertently started on MMA (build 93) while I was selecting something else to play. That track was stopped (well, paused... I don't see an actual STOP button) with less than five seconds play; probably only two or three seconds, altho more time might have elapsed between the "start" trigger and the actual start of track. But the playcount and last-played were updated, and then sync'd to MMW.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

The "~10 seconds" is saying that MMA considers a play at anything up to 10 seconds, which is inconsistent with MMW. Even 1 second of play will result in a playcount/last played update.
mcow

Post by mcow »

OK, I see that now.

I just had an unexpected behavior: Playing an album in the car. I parked the car, looked at the progress bar, decided to wait until the song ended before turning everything off. I pressed Pause when it read 2 seconds remaining, and it came to rest with 1 second remaining; that's fine. I slept the tablet (Bluetooth may have been active at that moment) and a few minutes later restarted after connecting to the home stereo. It picked up at the beginning of the song just played.

I've seen this before, where the Pause becomes a Stop after some period of time. This is one reason why implementing Stop After Current would be a good idea.

Anyway, after the album completed, I started up MMW and sync'd MMA. The playcount for each track went from zero to one -- the twice-played song did not get counted twice in the history. It showed the time of the latter play. This is inconsistent with the early play-time update while playing; you'd think (well, I'd think, anyway) that since nearly the entire song was double-played, the count would be two.
jiri

Post by jiri »

mcow, which build do you test? MMA is supposed to already remember playback position even after a longer period of time (since build 92). http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=10162

Jiri
mcow

Post by mcow »

jiri wrote:mcow, which build do you test? MMA is supposed to already remember playback position even after a longer period of time (since build 92).
I'm pretty sure that was 92; I didn't install 93 (94?) until after posting that. (Funny: The topic says 94, the install from last night's download says 93.)
mcow

Post by mcow »

jiri wrote:mcow, which build do you test? MMA is supposed to already remember playback position even after a longer period of time (since build 92). http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=10162
With build 98, I'm seeing the Pause state persist for more than five minutes. It even persists across a Sync. I did see it go to Stop at one point, but I don't remember if anything might have triggered it or if it just timed out.
mcow

Post by mcow »

It's possible that Pausing is changing to Stop when the BT connection is dropped (car turned off).
mcow

Re: Tracks show as played even after 1 sec of play [#10168]

Post by mcow »

With build 117, this problem appears to have been fixed - for plays of local MMA media. Plays from UPnP server still increment immediately, but I guess that's the server rather than MMA.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

UPnP playcount issue on MMW has been discussed and the problem is that it's hard to track UPnP plays reliable as clients cache the files and some clients do this several times.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Lowlander wrote:UPnP playcount issue on MMW has been discussed and the problem is that it's hard to track UPnP plays reliable as clients cache the files and some clients do this several times.
Thank you. I missed that discussion. That makes sense.
--
The gpzbc
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Acemac wrote:I don't know if anyone else has had this, tracks played in MMA even for less than a second show as being played when metadata is sync'd back to MMW.
It is a real pain with custom MM indices based upon last play date. Example; a criteria of lastplayed > (days ago) 365.

The MMA UI is fairly hair triggered, and it is very easy to accidentally trigger a track play while browsing an album. The false play gets transmitted to MMW, and the track disappears from the album due to the index's selection criteria.

If the 1 second "play" issue can't be fixed, it would be good to have an option to tone down the hair triggered nature of the UI, ie allow a tapped track to be added to a queue, but suppress the queue from auto-starting.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.