BUG: Sync Errors - Artists / Albums / Art

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

creativconfusion

BUG: Sync Errors - Artists / Albums / Art

Post by creativconfusion »

Using MMA 85 / MMW 1615 / Galaxy S3

When i sync via WiFi everything syncs properly.
When i sync via USB i get the following symptoms:

1) In the ARTIST list, the album art stacked next to the artist names is a stack of album art which does and does not belong to that artist.
2) Upon closer inspection the art appears to be the sum of the albums of the chosen artist, along with the art of the artist directly above and below it in the list.
3) Once i click on the artist (In this case "Minus The Bear") I see a list of albums, some which belong to Minus the Bear and some which belong to the other artists above and below.
4) In addition I also see albums which are empty but have a mix of artists shown as the "artist" (In this case i see "Chez Raymond" as the album name and "ME & LP; Minus The Bear" as the artist. "Chez Raymond" is the name of an album by the band "ME & LP" so obviously it has no business being shown under the artist "Minus the Bear" much less having the two artist jumbled together and creating empty albums.
5) Ratings are totally hit or miss. (all of the music on my MMW is rated, and only about half of the songs which make it to my MMA show ratings)

It seems like during the USB sync something is getting out of pace and jumbling up the artists.
I checked the info for the actual files saved on my phone and everything is intact. To me, this means it is getting messed up in MMA's main library file during the sync.

Also, if I sync with USB and then try to sync with WiFi everything gets erased and the WiFi sync starts from scratch (a nightmare when you are putting 9k songs on your phone).
It seems like WiFi and USB sync are totally independent and destroy each other.
Lowlander

Re: BUG: Sync Errors - Artists / Albums / Art

Post by Lowlander »

Capture a debug log (step 4b) for the USB sync and send it to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... f=21&t=341
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

creativconfusion

Post by creativconfusion »

Alright guys,

I made a log and sent it to your developer support with a link to this thread.
This was done from a totally clean slate. I wiped MMA, deleted all music folders and mediamonkey folders from my phone, and deleted the sync profile from MMW before attaching the phone and attempting the transfer via USB.

I also sent a second support request which contains an attached picture showing what I am seeing on MMA.

Let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks and good luck !

-J