Lyrics Fetcher

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Cristiano Mesquita

Re: Lyrics Fetcher

Post by Cristiano Mesquita »

não funciona - not work
Demonduskk

Post by Demonduskk »

The program runs in the notification bar of Windows.
But i cannot see the same in mine !
I reinstalled it, but still no result.
jonisaksson

Post by jonisaksson »

Demonduskk wrote:The program runs in the notification bar of Windows.
But i cannot see the same in mine !
I reinstalled it, but still no result.
The addon just fetches the lyrics.

Post by Guest »

Thks jonisaksson & btw,
Why no one replies regarding how to fill the XPath thing in 'Sources Editor' ..?
So many people have asked about it..<
I want the XPath for http://www.plyrics.com & the Add-on must have more links, which are generally popular..
Awaiting Reply
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Maybe because the author of the script hasn't been here in over 4 months?
Stop Button Freak
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Dont know if others have done it but i sent a pm to them they should get notice in their email of it either they come back or they ignore us.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
ACDias

Post by ACDias »

Hi,

I'm sorry for not anwsering you. I'm currently a lot busy with my work and I'm having no time to improve the program. I've received a lot of ideas to and I want to improve the program. I ask you a little patience because I make no profit with this addon so I can't leave my duties to make it better.
Here you can find a lot of things about XPath
http://www.w3schools.com/xpath/default.asp
You can test it with Javascript using firebug or the console in chrome (press F12)

A lot of sources you asked me to put I can't see a way to make the search.
For Terra is simple: there's an URL they use on their winamp plugin to search, I've grabbed it and just put the name of the song in the search URL, but I have no idea how can i do this for the websites you're suggesting.
For example: in terra I use this http://letras.terra.com.br/winamp.php?a ... sica={song}. This will do the search using the artist and song. I use just the URL to search. If you put this url in your browser and replace the artist and song you will see the result (found or not found). This result is what the XPath goes. I put the XPath in the HTML of the result and test it, if it pass the lyrics was found and I grab it (using the same XPath), if it fails, then it`s not found. One thing about this, the result HTML need to be diferent for the not found and found scenarios.

So, for pylirics and others suggested the url of a song is the following:
http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/coheedand ... eofme.html
Ok. this one can be made removing spaces and all in lower case
http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/{artist}/{song}.html
I still have to put this option in the program, because in the way it is now, it would use spaces in the url.

So, give me ideas to what to do to search for the lyrics, because the URL issue is the most problematic to add more sources.
I think I'll have some time this weekend and I can do some new stuff for the program (I'll make it working for pylirics and azlyrics at least the search).
ACDias

Post by ACDias »

Hi guys,

I've just sent a new version for admin's aproval (version 1.2). I don't know how frequently they check and aprove then so be patient.
Now the config file is saved under the user's AppData folder due to Windows restrictions to save in Program Files.
I've added what it's needed to user AzLyrics and most of your complaints about the sources.
There's a lot of checkboxes under the source edition to customize the search.
For AZLyrics check all of them. The XPath for this website is up to you (its going to take a long time until I get it right and I not having much time, so good luck for you :)
rodrigues94

Post by rodrigues94 »

cara, muito obrigado !
funcionou perfeitamente com a última versão e de forma muito efetiva.
Abraçao :D

it is working, brazilians are awesome.
negcreep80

Post by negcreep80 »

Just discovered the addon and definitely impressed with it so far...seems to work fine with my Portable install.

Curious, though...is there an updated download link somewhere? I just downloaded it and the About says it's Version 1.0, not Version 1.2...is that an oversight, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Cheers
ACDias

Post by ACDias »

I forgot to change the version number in the about window. hahaha
Forget it :P
negcreep80

Post by negcreep80 »

ACDias wrote:I forgot to change the version number in the about window. hahaha
Forget it :P
No worries, mate...thanks for all your work on this! So far, so good. If you keep working on it, I'll echo what others have said in that it'd be nice to change which websites or databases are used. Also would be nice to do a batch update on multiple tracks or even a whole collection and add lyrics that way, but I'm sure that's more involved.

The only other thing I can see this being helpful for people...I often make playlists for gigs that I work (I'm an audio engineer), and in public spaces, the one thing I worry about is objectionable language, swears, etc. So with this tool, would it be possible to take it one step further and have the script look at the lyrics and if any user-defined words appear in the text (like a curse), it could then add something to the mp3 tag? For example, I add "EXP" to the Comment field to indicate explicit lyrics.

I don't know how that would work....if it's something to add to this tool, or if you'd have to build a separate script, but it was a possibility. Thanks!
ACDias

Post by ACDias »

the first thing (about a batch update) is on my TO DO list, but I'm worried about lyrics sources blocking the access to the program due to a lot of requests in a few minutes. But I'm planning to do this.

About the other suggestion, I'll add it to :)
T3KN0GH057

Post by T3KN0GH057 »

How about being able to use "Album Artist" rather than artist because alot of my music (at least 25,000 songs of 56,000) have multiple artists ... and it FAILS for any with multiple artists
ACDias

Post by ACDias »

T3KN0GH057 wrote:How about being able to use "Album Artist" rather than artist because alot of my music (at least 25,000 songs of 56,000) have multiple artists ... and it FAILS for any with multiple artists
its ok to do that, but nowadays i'm too busy and I don't have time to do it soon. I've released a new version due to a lot of people asking me to let them use azlyrics. probably next month I will have time to work on the project again. :)