How do I reset the device to start again?

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

moonglow

How do I reset the device to start again?

Post by moonglow »

Been having a few troubles with USB sync and never been able to get wifi sync going so thought I'd delete my portable MMW install and start that new, clear the androind device (in a MMA sense) and start again... except I don't seem to be able to...

I've unistalled MMA, wiped the music files, deleted the Mediamonkey directory, and reinstalled it... but it still sees all my tracks there, even though they arent.
So I cleared the data, re deleted the MM directory...still there...
cleared the data, uninstalled, re deleted MM dir...still there...

I've just reinstalled again and am watching the spinning spin thing, perhaps it needs to clear itself ... but is ummm very slow :/

Is there no way to just manually kill all traces of this thing?

Edit 1: By the time I'd typed all this it has cleared all the old tracks, just took a while. If the data is gone and the app uninstalled, where is the DB sitting?

Edit 2: On the plus side, wifi sync worked for the first time, and its now showing ratings from the MMW library in MMA. Looking great!

Edit 3: Wifi sync worked fine for 23 files, when I tried to sync my main set of playlists - 4956 files - it started crashing again :/ A shorted playlist of 2454 tracks started synching fine. I'll test it tomorrow and see if there are specific tracks in the larger playlist that are causing the crash.
Lowlander

Re: How do I reset the device to start again?

Post by Lowlander »

The MMA DB should be in the MediaMonkey directory (as far as I understand). So uninstalling the App and deleting the MediaMonkey directory (both on internal memory and external (SD card) memory if used) should be sufficient. In MMW you may want to delete the Device Profile(s) for the device.
moonglow

Post by moonglow »

Left the device on a wifi sync overnight. By morning it had crashed showing only 503 files transfered.

I've just gone through the device using a file browser and it looks like all 14gig from the wifi sync was transfered, but MMA was only showing 503 files :/

Wifi sync is just crashing everytime I tried it again now (debug log sent) so going back to USB.
Acemac

Post by Acemac »

MMA 75 caused no end of trouble for me, and uninstalling and clearing the cache and deleting the Mediamonkey folders from both the phone and sd card didn't work at all, for some reason that version screwed up random things on my phone like connecting to wifi, some apps played up that didn't before etc.

The only way I found to fix it was to do a hard reset going back to factory settings and put everything back on afterwards manually again, a real pain in the arse but the only way that worked for me, so I kind of suspect that at least earlier versions left hidden files somewhere behind that were not removed or altered existing files somehow.

Since then I've found just uninstalling MMA and deleting the Mediamonkey folders was enough, so it might not have to be so drastic for you. Even doing that MMA still sees the old files on the phone so something is being left behind still.

I've also got issues with USB and wireless syncing as detailed elsewhere so you're not alone in that.

Adrian.