MMA creates new Device Profiles [#10921]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

mcow

Re: MMA creates new Device Profiles

Post by mcow »

Look on both internal and external storage, if you have both.
BigInJapan

Post by BigInJapan »

Strange. I've checked both locations. I don't see a .mmw file in either.

I've checked using the default Files app, browsing to the folder using Astro, running a search in Astro, and browsing to the folder in Windows Explorer while connected in USB mode.
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

ok, StorageInfo.xml.mmw doesn't need to be there (if MMA was installed prior to first USB connection to MMW 4.1).

So attach the others files please (i.e. the two MMDC and StorageInfo.xml)
BigInJapan

Post by BigInJapan »

That would explain why I don't have that. I don't use USB sync at all. I had problems early on switching between that and Wifi, so after the last time I cleared everything out, I didn't plug back in.

Next time this happens, I'll grab those files and attach them to a support ticket.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

OK, note that StorageInfo.xml is where both MMA and MMW store the pairing key. If you use only WiFi sync, then I don't see any other reason for creating a duplicate profile than deleting the StorageInfo.xml
BigInJapan

Post by BigInJapan »

Is there anything in MMA or MMW that can cause that file to be deleted, overwritten, or recreated?
BigInJapan

Post by BigInJapan »

New instance. This time I had several Failed Syncs, so I rebooted both the PC and the Android device. On the next sync, I had a new profile.

A few days ago I made a backup of the storageinfo.xml file. When I compare the backup to the current one, I see that the storageGuid value has changed.

I submitted ticket EMF-308671 with the requested files.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

And have you synced only via WiFi ?
If yes, it would mean that something in the phone or MMA deleted/re-written the StorageInfo.xml ?

EDIT: OK, I see that you included the info in the eSupport ticket, lets continue the discussion there.
BigInJapan

Post by BigInJapan »

This happened again. The 130 update was recently applied, and this may have been my first sync attempt after that. Debug log uploaded, fwiw.
BigInJapan

Post by BigInJapan »

Had this again with 139. Yesterday, I opened MMA, selected a playlist, and the device reset itself before playback started. Today, on my next sync attempt, a new profile was added to MMW. Presumably, something happened to that storageinfo.xml file during yesterday's crash.

I have another device in the house running Android 4.something. I don't sync as often on that one, but in the times I have used it, I've never seen this behavior. Makes me suspect it's Gingerbread only. One more month on this phone. Looking forward to moving on.
rusty

Re: MMA creates new Device Profiles [#10921]

Post by rusty »

Hi,

This should be fixed if you also install the latest MMW build (it was fixed in 1639). Please confirm.

Thanks.

-Rusty
BigInJapan

Re: MMA creates new Device Profiles [#10921]

Post by BigInJapan »

It happened again when I went to 1644 / 145. I'm having other problems in 145 though, so I don't know if this is the best test case.