Lowlander wrote:A) It is probably best to use one of the custom fields to store PUID
B) MusicIP should be set to use the same field
C) I don't think that MusicIP still works due to the source changing the site (I believe API is no longer existent).
I keep feeling like I am missing something (but i am learning I promise)
A) I am not using Custom1 when I use PUID Generator to create the PUID ID.
B) I am not sure how to 'set MusicIP to use that field though' (although I have the following checkboxes (and only those)
checked in the Settings button window
- Store PUID in (Custom1 field selected)
- Update track title (checked)
- Update track artist (checked)
- Use existing PUID (checked)
C) I think you meant that MusicTagger does not work
Maybe I am not understanding the PUID concept - but I will state what I THINK I know
1. I have an mp3 file that I do not have ANY information about (no artist - no title - no album, etc)
2. I run the PUID Generator and store it in the Custom1 field (note: sometimes it generates a 'pending' statement which I do not know what that means)
3. Then I select that file in MM and run the Auto from Web option
4. I select the MusicIP option
5. I then (DO SOMETHING) that will list a matching Artist - Title value that will help me know what the artist - title of the file is and I can auto-tag with whatever information I prefer.
Thanks for your patience and helping clear up where I am going wrong