ScrobblerDJ v1.26, Let your music free!!!

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

powerpill-pacman

Post by powerpill-pacman »

I'm running MM 2.5.2.943 with MagicNodes and no other Auto-Script on WinXP with SP2 and all updates (14.02.2006).
The error-messages i get/got looked like Teknojnky's. I also had to quit MM via Taskmanager.
I changed the default auto-playlist to one of my playlists - now i don't get any error-meassges. Great!
I hope that helps to narrow the search for the error.
Last edited by powerpill-pacman on Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

That sort of makes sense... the status bar at the bottom when the errors occur is flashing the message unable to add tracks even from default list... for some reason either MM bug or script bug, that the default playlist can not be accessed/found.

I installed the beta 2 debug version (with hope to be able to catch a debug log) and it seems to be working (currently) with all of my normal scripts enabled, much to my chagrin.

Very strange.

Anyway, going to leave it playing all nite and see if its still goin in the morning.
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Hmm, what powerpill said might be the answer. What is the default playlist inside ScrobblerDJ? If the script cant find the default playlist the it will most probably crete errors since i havent code it to check if the playlist exists. I will add that option. Also, i will try to mess up my settings and see if i can get the same error as you did

EDIT

OK i was able to reproduce the problem. It happens when the deafult playlist doesnt exists and the script tries to add a track from there.
It will be fixed. The problem show up because the first time i posted the new version code i had a playlist as default that only i could have. I correct it about 15 min later but it seems i was to late, you two had allready downloaded the first code. Sorry about that :( :oops:

Thanks

Post by Guest »

Love the script, I've been using it for a few days now. Its been quite useful if a little annoying.

If you are looking for feature requests, it would be great if it kept some idea of the last x songs played so that it doesn't play the same song again.

I've had the same song played a couple of times within a couple of tracks of itself.

Rob
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Rob,
version 1.1 (which is posted here) has your request implemented (on the Artist level ofcourse, but it would also prevent duplicate tracks from appearing).
Keep in mind that your situation occurs mostly when you listen to some "rare" artists and you library only contains a few other similar artists.
As you may inderstand, ScrobblerDJ is kind of a "chaotic" script since it depends on a lot of things (like your library, last.fm recomendations, your deafult playlist, you settings etc) and it will work quite differently for each user. From my experience it seems like the Script adapts on your musical tastes (considering that those are represented as songs you own from each genre). When yo u get a lot of duplicates that means you are "weak" in the specific genre. Anyway, this shouldnt happen anymore
agentsmart

Post by agentsmart »

what is this script? it does not make sense to me. :o
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Read the very first post .. :lol:
agentsmart

Post by agentsmart »

okay i read the first post and am confused yet?

it looks like your having an online server pick the songs you want to play from your database, by the number of times someone has played a song by that same artist with an online file. or from a record of them playing that song on their computer and using the same online server?

what the heck is that for? monkey already has a good random list maker.

i just don't get this trading of the ratings which is what all that sounds like.

if i like a song i don't really care if some one else don't like it. :o
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Then there is no reason to use this script. This script is for ppl that trust Last.FM service. It is not a random playlister. Songs are not selected randomly, they are selected based on Last.FM recomendations, which is based on data from millions of users...
agentsmart

Post by agentsmart »

okay i guess it looks like i don't use this then.

because i only need one recomendation for what type of songs i listen to.

that is it being in the genre of Country and Western :lol: :D
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

why are you being a pain in the butt agentsmart? :( :-? :) 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

psyxonova wrote:OK i was able to reproduce the problem. It happens when the deafult playlist doesnt exists and the script tries to add a track from there.
It will be fixed. The problem show up because the first time i posted the new version code i had a playlist as default that only i could have. I correct it about 15 min later but it seems i was to late, you two had allready downloaded the first code. Sorry about that :( :oops:

Hahah yes that must have been it!

When I installed the debug version, I forgot that I had re-copied/pasted the script, so it would have also picked up your fixed default playlist and thus no error!

Which could have possibly been avoided if there was a version number listed in the code! /nudge /nudge /poke /poke :o 8) :lol:
kulivontot

Post by kulivontot »

Would it be possible to generate a database of the related artists as you download them to prevent you from looking up the same artist online multiple times? I suppose the idea's similar to an offline version that downloads all the related artist information all at once and stores it somewhere.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

It might be feasible to store a small list of related artists in one of the 3 custom fields, then the script could refer to that embedded list if last.fm is not reachable (ie offline) and then pick a random track from an accessible artist from that list.

This would of course assume that you've played a decent number of tracks already through the script previously.

Also it might be preferrable for some people to have the list stored by artist or album or track, to mean store related artists for individual tracks, or store it for all tracks in an album, or all tracks from the artists.. each would option would require updating the tags of progressively larger number of files.
powerpill-pacman

Post by powerpill-pacman »

Sorry to read that, for me it works great for about eight (!) hours now.
Thanks again for this marvelous script. :D