Can't get MMA to sync ratings and counts with MMW

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

yashpatel

Can't get MMA to sync ratings and counts with MMW

Post by yashpatel »

Hello. I'm very excited that there's now a Media Monkey version for Android. It's been great so far, but I just can't get MMA to sync star ratings and play counts to MMW. I've tried USB sync and wifi sync - neither of them work. I think it should be possible. Does anyone have any ideas on what I may be missing? I'm using MMW 1641 and the latest version of MMA from Google Play.

Please help!
bkenobi69

Re: Can't get MMA to sync ratings and counts with MMW

Post by bkenobi69 »

I can't help get your config working, but I can confirm that when syncing via wifi the ratings and play counts are updated correctly for me.
BigInJapan

Post by BigInJapan »

Rating and playcount are correctly updated via wifi sync for me as well.
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?
yashpatel

Post by yashpatel »

Thanks for the replies - good to hear that the rating and play counts should sync.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I may begin debugging what may be wrong? The wifi sync clearly synced tracks since they are on my phone, but it ratings information is missing. Are there any settings I should check? Is there a way to have MM create debug files that I may be able to review?

Thanks!
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

Make sure you are using the most up to date versions of MMW and MMA. Wifi sync has been updated in pretty much every release of both for the last couple months and older/mismatched versions may not work properly.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

And if you see this on the latest beta release of MMA and MMW you can capture a debug log in MMW (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... f=21&t=341) of the sync and you can send a debug log from MMA (from options and best to include log ID in support ticket with debug log). This may provide insight into what is happening.
mauwoo

Post by mauwoo »

I am having this same issue with my Galaxy S4; I purchased the Pro version which synced 1900+ songs but no ratings. If I change song rating on phone, it doesn't sync back to PC either. How can I fix this?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMW do you use to sync from? Did you do a USB or wifi sync to your device?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Note also: some versions of the S4 if upgraded to Android 4.4 will have problems syncing with the SD card. See details here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... 3&nav=0,13

-Rusty
MSchwa37

Post by MSchwa37 »

I initially synced my library from MMW via USB to MMA on a Samsung Galaxy Tab3. I was initially frustrated to find that my ratings did transfer. However, after syncing wirelessly, the ratings finally made it over, but not until the second time I ran a sync.
argumon

Post by argumon »

Same problem here. Rigth now I am using MMW 4.1.1.1703 & MMA 1.0.4.0240 on S3/CM10.2. Syncing rating and play count worked for quite some time, then it was broken. The last 'Last played' entries I have are from 09/2013.
argumon

Post by argumon »

rusty wrote:Note also: some versions of the S4 if upgraded to Android 4.4 will have problems syncing with the SD card. See details here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... 3&nav=0,13
This is actually discussed in many forums. The first ones to solve this seem to be the authors of some filemanagers. Full access on the SD card is still possible if the application uses the neccessary API's if I understood this correctly. X-plore has been the first file manager to regain full SD card access on unrooted 4.4.
argumon

Post by argumon »

argumon wrote:Same problem here. Rigth now I am using MMW 4.1.1.1703 & MMA 1.0.4.0240 on S3/CM10.2. Syncing rating and play count worked for quite some time, then it was broken. The last 'Last played' entries I have are from 09/2013.
Just tried with the latest beta from Play Store this morning, but nothing changed. Still no syncing of ratings or last played date, though it displays something like 'syncing metadata to server'.

Could pls someone comment if this is a known bug and it will be worked on?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you also on the latest versions of both MMW (4.1.1.1703) and MMA? Also did you do a wifi sync (sounds like it, so then send log from About right after sync finishes) or a USB sync?
argumon

Post by argumon »

Lowlander wrote:Are you also on the latest versions of both MMW (4.1.1.1703) and MMA? Also did you do a wifi sync (sounds like it, so then send log from About right after sync finishes) or a USB sync?
Yep, I am always on the very latest versions, the problem occured on WiFi-sync. I just completely deleted everything from the Android device (App and all folders) and try USB sync. After that, I will WiFI-sync again and send you the logfile.