[REQ] ratings optimiser

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

misplacedamerican

[REQ] ratings optimiser

Post by misplacedamerican »

First of all THANK YOU for making the android app

I think that a very beneficial feature would be some sort of rating optimiser in the app itself (interlinking MMA and MMW):
  • Create a button that enables a like to a song (similar to Spotify), pressing the like button for a particular song x number of times at different plays and the song rating would raise by half a star
  • Make it configurable that if a song is Skipped x number of times when the like button isn't pressed and the rating lowers by half a star
  • Enable a manual override that sets the current rating and resets the like/skip count
The configuration would need to include the following:
  • Enabled Y/N
  • Number of skip/like counts to impact ratings =
  • Range caps: As in cannot auto set song to Bomb or a full 5 star?
Thanks again!
BigInJapan

Re: Feature request - ratings optimiser

Post by BigInJapan »

This is an interesting idea. Personally, I don't think I would use it. Rating is often a factor in my autolists, and I would probably rather retain explicit control of it. I could see there being a group of users though who would rather have that tag managed indirectly in some manner.
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?
rusty

Post by rusty »

I believe that there's an addon for MMW that does this...don't remember which one though.

-Rusty
misplacedamerican

Post by misplacedamerican »

I use a script that is similar called AutoRateAccurate by Big_Berny for MMW which is a script but is not configurable by the user. And doesn't allow for manipulation from MMA, as such, I thought that this would be a good future product built into MM

Thanks,