iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

mhendu

Re: iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid

Post by mhendu »

CarlitoGil wrote:
mhendu wrote:...I attempted it on tracks that I hadn't run through the AcoustID Generator script.
The problem you're having, I believe, is that diferent scripts are using the same name for a SQL table to store the Acoustid fingerprints, but they don't store the data in the same order as my script.
That's going to be fixed in the next version.
In the meantime, if you can find

Code: Select all

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\iTunesMonkey\iTunesMonkey.vbs
and edit line 29 and change

Const sAcoustidSQL = "AcoustidFingerprints"
to another value, I think that will work for you.
This works, thanks!
CarlitoGil

Post by CarlitoGil »

Ryzaar wrote:Confirming the location of the files and that they are not hidden or read-only ... So potentially something to do with that temporary path.
This bug has eluded me. I haven't been able to reproduce it.
If you please, while that error message is still visible, go to the folder

%TEMP%\iTunesMonkey
there are supposed to be files that the script is not finding

acoustid0.txt, acoustid1.txt...
Also, to let the script tell you itself, could you add this before line 1857?

If Not oFSO.FolderExists(sTemporaryPath) Then msgbox("iTunesMonkey: MISSING TEMPORARY FOLDER"& vbCrLf & sTemporaryPath)
If Not oFSO.FileExists(sTemporaryPath &"acoustid"& i &".txt") Then msgbox("iTunesMonkey: NO TEMPORARY OUTPUT FILE"& vbCrLf & sTemporaryPath &"acoustid"& i &".txt")
Please, tell me what happens.

And finally, does it happen with every audio file or some?
Could you send me one of those?
iTunesMonkey + Acoustid – Find metadata from iTunes and Acoustid
mhendu

Post by mhendu »

The image tagging doesn't seem to work right - I've got my tags all set up correctly and just need artwork for some tracks, but when I try to tag the artwork and link to a folder.jpg I just get a blank image associated with the track. Any idea why this might be the case?
CarlitoGil

Post by CarlitoGil »

mhendu wrote:...when I try to tag the artwork and link to a folder.jpg I just get a blank image associated with the track.
I'm not sure what you mean.
Does the script tag it with a white image that it didn't have before? What do you mean "blank"?
Do you have the MediaMonkey settings on "Save image to file folder"?
Do you have "Update tags when editing properties" enabled?
Ryzaar

Post by Ryzaar »

CarlitoGil wrote:

If Not oFSO.FolderExists(sTemporaryPath) Then msgbox("iTunesMonkey: MISSING TEMPORARY FOLDER"& vbCrLf & sTemporaryPath)
If Not oFSO.FileExists(sTemporaryPath &"acoustid"& i &".txt") Then msgbox("iTunesMonkey: NO TEMPORARY OUTPUT FILE"& vbCrLf & sTemporaryPath &"acoustid"& i &".txt")
Please, tell me what happens.
Thank you for your help, this revealed what the problem was! I had changed my W7 User Account name from 'Ryzaar' to 'Ryan', but wanted to apply the changes to the User Account folder name, environment variables etc, so I had to do this through RegEdit. Obviously there's a bit more to change than what I found in the registry, so I've just changed 'sTemporaryPath' to point exactly where it needs to without variable confusion :)

Probably not an issue many other people will have, thankfully!
Ryzaar

Post by Ryzaar »

^ To clarify, the temporary path variable in your script was trying to point to 'Ryzaar' still. It might be because I installed MediaMonkey before I changed the account name.
CarlitoGil

Post by CarlitoGil »

Ryzaar wrote:It might be because I installed MediaMonkey before I changed the account name.
You see, I would never be able to reproduce that because I've installed Windows too many times and take care to use the right username after installation. Thanks for the help.

Somebody else reported that bug, so I don't know how many people have that problem, but it's enough for me to try and find a solution.

I thought I could trust MediaMonkey to tell me the temporary folder.
Last edited by CarlitoGil on Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
mhendu

Post by mhendu »

CarlitoGil wrote:
mhendu wrote:...when I try to tag the artwork and link to a folder.jpg I just get a blank image associated with the track.
I'm not sure what you mean.
Does the script tag it with a white image that it didn't have before? What do you mean "blank"?
Do you have the MediaMonkey settings on "Save image to file folder"?
Do you have "Update tags when editing properties" enabled?
Yes, both of those settings are enabled. I can tag artwork from Amazon just fine. At the moment, though, the script doesn't even do anything when I click Auto-Tag. There's a button at the top left, shaped like a CD, that allows me to tag the track with artwork, but it saves it in a temporary folder so I have to go back after the fact and clean it up. When Auto-Tag responded the other day it would set the track to use folder.jpg as the artwork but it wouldn't actually download any artwork.
CarlitoGil

Post by CarlitoGil »

mhendu wrote:At the moment, though, the script doesn't even do anything when I click Auto-Tag.
It won't. MediaMonkey made the Auto-Tag feature for one album at the time, like the Amazon script does, so mine with multiple artworks is not supported, and I can't detect when you press "Auto-Tag".
I requested that to MediaMonkey, but so far, no response.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=72025
mhendu wrote:There's a button at the top left, shaped like a CD, that allows me to tag the track with artwork, but it saves it in a temporary folder so I have to go back after the fact and clean it up. When Auto-Tag responded the other day it would set the track to use folder.jpg as the artwork but it wouldn't actually download any artwork.
I tag my artwork right into the file, so I have to confess I never really tested the "Save image to file folder" way. I'll look into it.
In the meantime, try dragging the image from the script and drop it into the MediaMonkey artwork panel, just like if it were on a folder. Of course, only select the tracks you want with that artwork.
Banditware

Post by Banditware »

Hello,
Ive been noticing that a lot of the album dates have been incorrect. Ive been using mostly the iTunes Album search, though i cannot confirm it only happens in this option. Some of the dates are off by a couple years, some off by a few decades. One example is the Album "Back In Black" by AC/DC. iTunes shows the release date as Aug 1980, and your script put the release date as 2012 using the iTunes Album search. Another example is the Album "Put Up Or Shut Up (Deluxe Version)" by All Time Low. iTunes put the release date as Jul 25, 2006 while your script put the date as 2008.

Otherwise its a great script and ive had a lot of luck with it. Keep up the good work, its appreciated!

p.s.
Im also having the issue with the album art not saving no matter what i try. It seems this is a common issue for people. if anyone is interested ive found a couple decent alternatives.

The first being a VB script that will use the artwork download using the "Get Album Artwork" option within iTunes and embed in as well as make a folder.jpg. its called CreateFolderArt.vbs and can be found here http://samsoft.org.uk/iTunes/scripts.asp

The second is a program called iCoverArt. It also will use the downloaded art from iTunes and embed it and create a folder.jpg. If you dont mind doing 5 tracks at a time, its free, otherwise its a measly $5 to buy the full version.
Banditware

Post by Banditware »

I was also wondering if you would be willing to include the option of adding the "ITUNESCATALOGID" tag. Im sure its easily parsed (if its not already) from the data youre querying.
I ask because it makes it easier for iTunes to find the correct album art when using the "Get Album Artwork" option within iTunes. And since many people are having issues adding the art work directly from iTunesMonkey it would help with some 3rd party workarounds.

Thanks.
Banditware

Post by Banditware »

I had another quick question.
When doing an album search is it possible for your script to find album variants and lets you choose the version you want. For example when in the store there is Album and Album (Deluxe Version). My experience is your script often matches with the deluxe version even when i have the normal version which would tag the wrong album name and total tracks and possibly disc number.
CarlitoGil

Post by CarlitoGil »

Hi.
Banditware wrote:One example is the Album "Back In Black" by AC/DC. iTunes shows the release date as Aug 1980, and your script put the release date as 2012 using the iTunes Album search.
2012 is the date that the iTunes API returns for that album. Must be the date they published it on iTunes and not the real physical release.
1980 is in the copyright part. I could get the date from there, but that's tricky for some albums.
Banditware wrote:I was also wondering if you would be willing to include the option of adding the "ITUNESCATALOGID" tag.
You can mofidy the script if you want, I can tell you where, but I rather work on making this script better.
Banditware wrote:When doing an album search is it possible for your script to find album variants and lets you choose the version you want.
The Album mode should fill the drop-down list (on the very top of the window) with other albums that match.
Banditware

Post by Banditware »

Thanks for the reply,
If you can let me know how to edit the script so that each song can be tagged with its corresponding ITUNESCATALOGID i would very much appreciate it.

Also for now its easy enough to use a second program to get the proper year in there.

I have another request however.
Can you get the ITUNESADVISORY in order to tag explicit tracks? This will help people with the issue of itunes possibly incorrectly matching songs as clean and loosing their explicit version.

Thanks!!!
CarlitoGil

Post by CarlitoGil »

Banditware wrote:If you can let me know how to edit the script so that each song can be tagged with its corresponding ITUNESCATALOGID i would very much appreciate it.
In MediaMonkey.vbs

Find line 1118

.oSongRemote.Path = sTemporaryPath & aMatchIDs(i) &".m4a"
Add this after it:

oSong.Comment = aMatchIDs(i)
Find line 1391

.oSongRemote.Path = sTemporaryPath & dCupidHer(iBestHer).Custom1 &".m4a"
Add this after it:

oSong.Comment = dCupidHer(iBestHer).Custom1
oSong.Comment will replace the comment of your tracks with the iTunes ID for the metadata in the result. I think that's what you asked for.

Banditware wrote:Can you get the ITUNESADVISORY in order to tag explicit tracks? This will help people with the issue of itunes possibly incorrectly matching songs as clean and loosing their explicit version.
You mean you want the censored title?
I guess replacing

Case "trackName"
with

Case "trackCensoredName"
will do the trick.