Magic Nodes 1.3b (IS OUTDATED SEE NOTE IN FIRST POST)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Post by Bex »

Hi Andrew Brown,

Try this:

Code: Select all

Classical Composer|filter:left(genre,9)='Classical'\<composer>\<artist>\<album>
/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
tarasis

Chain SQL Filters?

Post by tarasis »

I was wondering if its possible to chain SQL filters together. Basically I want to find any track that contains 03 and is older that a particular number of days.

I've tried the following but nothing has worked

Test|SQL filter:Songs.SongTitle LIKE '%03 %'|SQL filter:DateDiff('d',Songs.DateAdded,Now)>14\<album>

Test|SQL filter:Songs.SongTitle LIKE '%03 %' AND DateDiff('d',Songs.DateAdded,Now)>14\<album>
Is there anything else I can try?

Also does anyone know why the following fails to work

Test|SQL filter:Songs.SongTitle LIKE '%03 %'
It needs to explicitly have <album> at the end. Is the value in <> an input to the filter?

Many thanks

Post by Guest »

Bex: Ett stort tack ska du ha! Thank you so much. I only wish this stuff were better documented.
Bex

Re: Chain SQL Filters?

Post by Bex »

tarasis wrote:I was wondering if its possible to chain SQL filters together. Basically I want to find any track that contains 03 and is older that a particular number of days.

I've tried the following but nothing has worked

Test|SQL filter:Songs.SongTitle LIKE '%03 %'|SQL filter:DateDiff('d',Songs.DateAdded,Now)>14\<album>

Test|SQL filter:Songs.SongTitle LIKE '%03 %' AND DateDiff('d',Songs.DateAdded,Now)>14\<album>
Is there anything else I can try?
Both your codes works for me and returns correct result! What error do you get?
(I didn't know that you could have "SQL Filter:" twice in a code.)
You can also find these tracks with an advanced search (or auto-playlist).
Also does anyone know why the following fails to work

Test|SQL filter:Songs.SongTitle LIKE '%03 %'
It needs to explicitly have <album> at the end. Is the value in <> an input to the filter?
A magic node must end with \<X> where X is a valid field.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Anonymous wrote:Bex: Ett stort tack ska du ha! Thank you so much. I only wish this stuff were better documented.
:D
Tack! Kan du svenska? (Thanks! Do you speak Swedish?)

/Bex

All My Scripts
MagGyver

Creating a node for recently added items

Post by MagGyver »

If I was able to see a node which only listed music added in the last week or the last month, I understand that I would use the Date Added field in the mask. I tried one such thing:

Date Added\<date added>

but I need a qualifier to limit the view to only the last month or the last week. I'm unclear how to do that, even after reading the documentation online. Any suggestions? Thanks!
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
Bex

Post by Bex »

I use this:

AddedLastWeek|SQL filter:DateDiff('d',Songs.DateAdded,Now)<7\<date added|sort order:desc>\<folder>
Where 7 is number of days.

/Bex

All My Scripts
MagGyver

Post by MagGyver »

Bex, thanks for reply, how do I use the code? I tried pasting exactly as you wrote into a new Magic Node but it said it wasn't a valid mask. Then I tried appending it as so:

Added Last Week\<date added>AddedLastWeek|SQL filter:DateDiff('d',Songs.DateAdded,Now)<7\<date added|sort order:desc>\<folder>

but of course that didn't work. I know I'm probably just missing one character or something. Ideas?
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
tarasis

Post by tarasis »

MagGyver wrote:Bex, thanks for reply, how do I use the code? I tried pasting exactly as you wrote into a new Magic Node but it said it wasn't a valid mask. Then I tried appending it as so:

Added Last Week\<date added>AddedLastWeek|SQL filter:DateDiff('d',Songs.DateAdded,Now)<7\<date added|sort order:desc>\<folder>

but of course that didn't work. I know I'm probably just missing one character or something. Ideas?
Same here this doesn't work for me with MN 1.3 and MM 2.5.2 beta2
Bex

Post by Bex »

MagGyver wrote:Bex, thanks for reply, how do I use the code? I tried pasting exactly as you wrote into a new Magic Node but it said it wasn't a valid mask. Then I tried appending it as so:

Oops! I've tweaked My Magic Node Script so it contains "folders". Try this instead:

Added Last Week\<date added>AddedLastWeek|SQL filter:DateDiff('d',Songs.DateAdded,Now)<7\<date added|sort order:desc>
/Bex

All My Scripts
MagGyver

Post by MagGyver »

Excellent! That works...thanks, Bex! :)
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
Unlord

multiple genres?

Post by Unlord »

Ive recently started using MM and MN, and i have looked around on the forums to see if anyone else has tried to do this, but icant find anything. ive been using http://www.allmusic.com to get styles and moods for my music, and i put the list they have in my custom 1 and custom2 fields, ie
custom1: Thrash, Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Speed Metal
custom2: Epic, Suffocating, Fierce, Crunchy, Thuggish, Rambunctious, Menacing, Earnest, Angry, Uncompromising, Tense/Anxious, Searching, Nihilistic, Hostile, Gritty, Gloomy, Bitter, Fiery, Intense, Theatrical, Cerebral
i would like a node that would sort by all the values in a field. for example, if album1 is listed as heavy metal and thrash, and album2 is listed as heavy metal and speed metal, id want a node structure such as:
-Styles
---Heavy Metal
------album1
------album2
---Speed Metal
------album2
---Thrash
------album1
i know i can achieve this with autoplaylists, but i dont have the gold version atm, and it would be tedious to have to enter all the values manually, espicially for the mood values. also, i have seen that other people have used RightOf and LeftOf to get somewhat similar results to this, but that dosent seem to be able to put albums in multiple styles or moods. please correct me if im wrong there, and one of the already mentioned solutions would work. Id like to know if this is possible with MN, and if so, how :p and i apologize if this has already been asked and i missed the answer.

Thanks
Unlord

Post by Unlord »

hrm, should i be asking this somewhere else?
Devs Ill Advocate

Post by Devs Ill Advocate »

Personally. I think this thread has become too long and far too many things are being ignored. Perhaps the people behind the excellent Magic Nodes have exams or jobs to concentrate on.

It would be beneficial to all, I think, to start a new thread - if the Moderators are happy with that - even though there is no new release to the script.

It would also be useful to provide a sticky (carefully moderated) with examples of Magic node syntax which best reflect the most common requests. This way every user of MediaMonkey could benefit from the added functionality that Magic Nodes offers, without being familiar with VB or SQL. There are plenty of excellent people in this forum who could contribute to that.

Also, I'd be grateful to have a comprehensive and clear list of all the variables available in Magic Nodes as the MN website only documents it in the changelogs. Although I could find this, perhaps, the less technically interested or patient user would not.

I appreciate that MN can only do what MM allows it to do. From my point of view, the two go almost hand in hand. They live and die (potentially) together.

I merely ask for more clarity; support and dare I say it - professionalism.

MM is excellent software.

MN is an excellent script based support to that program.

But reading around this forum (as a whole) I sometimes wonder how all this can survive in the future, bugs 'n' all, when Microsoft and it's muscle is clearly catching on to the popularity of this type of thing. Watch out for Vista and the newly revised WMP with or without MCE.

Please sort this out, for the benefit of all current (and hopefully!) future users. Let's up the game.

With best intentions.
powerpill-pacman

Post by powerpill-pacman »

I second ^this request^ 'cause this thread is really one hell of a mess.... :wink: