MM4 - Can't Drag & Drop from Windows Explorer to Now Playing

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

babam

Re: MM4 - Can't Drag & Drop from Windows Explorer to Now Pla

Post by babam »

I just installed 1511 and I have the same problem again. http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8476
No drag and drop in admin, and all scrips go crazy if I don't have admin on.
Can anyone help?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

babam wrote:I just installed 1511 and I have the same problem again. http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8476
Can anyone help?
The only solution is to run both exporer and MM with the same elevation, either both as admin or neither.

You can run MM with scripts without admin elevation if you just install the scripts to the user\appdata\roaming\mediamonkey\scripts folder instead of Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
babam

Post by babam »

nohitter151 wrote:
babam wrote:I just installed 1511 and I have the same problem again. http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8476
Can anyone help?
The only solution is to run both exporer and MM with the same elevation, either both as admin or neither.

You can run MM with scripts without admin elevation if you just install the scripts to the user\appdata\roaming\mediamonkey\scripts folder instead of Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts
Thank you very much for the quick answer!

I tried running both on admin, but drag and drop still did seem not work.
Excuse the silly question, but how do I move the scrips to appdata, simply moving them did not work. Do I need to reinstall every single one or can I simply edit a txt file with the search and replace function?

Thank you very much!
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

babam wrote: I tried running both on admin, but drag and drop still did seem not work.
Excuse the silly question, but how do I move the scrips to appdata, simply moving them did not work. Do I need to reinstall every single one or can I simply edit a txt file with the search and replace function?

Thank you very much!
Unfortunately it will vary a lot depending on the addon. The best way would be to uninstall and reinstall them "For current user only".

GzyOnline

Post by GzyOnline »

nohitter151 wrote:
Can anyone help?

wholly crap, this is INSANE! :evil: I can't believe it's gotten to this point.. I have been drag and drop'n since MM 3.0.x... I just installed 4.1.0.1652 and now MM & Windows Explorer have to be running at the same permissions level for it to work? Well, running Windows Explorer as Admin is not a simple right-click run as admin in Windows 8.. SMH.. why does it have to be so complicated now?? Wow!?!
just went back to MM 3.2.6.1307 and initially had the same issue (cRazy!)... might be a Windows 8 issue (more specifically a recent Win8 update, because I just recently noticed this drag & drop issue and recently my Win8 forced an update on my machine :evil: ) and not MM issue. That's good to know. A permanent solution would be better though :-?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

GzyOnline wrote: just went back to MM 3.2.6.1307 and initially had the same issue (cRazy!)... might be a Windows 8 issue (more specifically a recent Win8 update, because I just recently noticed this drag & drop issue and recently my Win8 forced an update on my machine :evil: ) and not MM issue. That's good to know. A permanent solution would be better though :-?
It's Windows Vista and up, has nothing to do with MM.

GzyOnline

Post by GzyOnline »

just installed MM 4.1.0.1662 in Windows 8... dragging & dropping from Windows Explorer to MM 'Now Playing' window now at least '+COPY's files & folders.. It's A solution~THANKS, MM Team!! :-D
graygideon

Post by graygideon »

John Gurin wrote:It does not allow you to drag'n'drop under non-admin account
Thanks a ton, man. Unchecked run as admin and it works like a charm now. Gee, that sure was frustrating.