I've recently started to have an issue with two of my unprotected AAC files in MediaMonkey. I recently re-imported my music into MediaMonkey. As usual, when I checked the imported AAC files, the title in each file had been replaced by two symbols that each look like a diamond with a question mark in it. I updated the titles in MediaMonkey and it corrected the issue...except for two files. No matter how many times I've updated the title, it soon reverts to the above symbols in both files.
For now, I've converted the two files to high-bitrate MP3 (leaving the original files unchanged) and corrected the title in the converted files. I'd like to see if someone can tell me why the title keeps reverting and if anything can be done to fix the issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hard to say, AAC files do not support tags so it's strange that MM would try to import some tags (even corrupt ones) into MM. Send a sample file to the MM support team. http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... &_a=submit
Thanks for the feedback. Your comment about AAC files not supporting tags pointed me in a direction about researching the issue on the Internet. It seems that although AAC files do contain metadata (each metadata item is called an atom), it's not as structured as ID3 tags are, and when you're using iTunes some of the metadata is only stored in iTunes. It seems that these could be factors in the issue I had with updating my AAC files in MediaMonkey.