WiFi Sync and AutoPlaylist updates [#11275]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

BigInJapan

WiFi Sync and AutoPlaylist updates [#11275]

Post by BigInJapan »

I'm seeing a small issue in how AutoPlaylists get updated during wifi sync when metadata changes I make on the phone impact those lists.

Scenario:
I create an AutoPlayllist in MMW called Rate This. The criteria is simply tracks that have no rating assigned.
I select Rate This in the sync settings and perform a wifi sync.
In MMA, I add ratings to some songs from this list and then perform another wifi sync.
When I look at the list in MMW, the songs that I rated have correctly been removed from the Rate This list. However, when I look at the list in MMA, the songs are still on it there.
I perform another wifi sync (without having made any more changes on either end).
Now when I look at the list in MMA, the songs have correctly been removed from the list.

In the end, I'm where I want to be, but I had to sync twice to get there rather than once. It seems like the playlist that's going to be synced is calculated before the metadata changes are synced from the phone to the PC.

I observed this on MMW 1658 and MMA 165. MMA is on a Play Edition Galaxy S4 running Android 4.3.
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?
Lowlander

Re: WiFi Sync and AutoPlaylist updates

Post by Lowlander »

If I'm not mistaken this is a known issue, can't quickly locate where this was discussed though.
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

I raised it here and it is tracked in Mantis here.
BigInJapan

Post by BigInJapan »

Ah, sorry for the duplicate thread.
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?
rusty

Re: WiFi Sync and AutoPlaylist updates [#11275]

Post by rusty »

And it should be fixed in MMA 166+ if used with MMW 1662+ (which is expected to be posted later today).

Please confirm one way or the other.

Thanks!

-Rusty