ScrobblerDJ V2.20 - Updated 16/11/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

civiliza

Re: ScrobblerDJ V2.18 - Updated 8/10/2013

Post by civiliza »

Glad to hear you've got it working, and apologies again for breaking it with the Target BPM option.

I think that MediaMonkey 4.x introduced some changes relating to admin and user account directories that made some of the script related installation / uninstallation constants inconsistent - the same constant can point to different directories depending on whether or not MediaMonkey is running. Hence the suspicion that the log file might be in another place.
dnats

Re: ScrobblerDJ V2.18 - Updated 8/10/2013

Post by dnats »

Hi,
I'm having errors with installing this extension.

This pop up when I tried to install it:

I clicked OK, then this error popup afterward:

Anyone know how to fix this?
civiliza

ScrobblerDJ V2.19

Post by civiliza »

I have yet to receive confirmation as to the reliability of the information (I've asked in another thread), but it seems that Installation and Uninstallation should use different path names to get to the same file.

Searching the Scripting Wiki it appears that the correct path names are SDB.ScriptsPath\Scripts.ini when installing and SDB.ApplicationPath\Scripts\Scripts.ini when Uninstalling - both changes from the current SDB.ScriptsIniFile.

New Version ScrobbleDJ V2.19 Latest attempt to resolve Install / Uninstall inconsistencies.
hintergrundrauschen

Re: ScrobblerDJ V2.19 - Updated 3/11/2013

Post by hintergrundrauschen »

Hi,

I cannot seem to disable Scrobber DJ permanently. Every time I start up MM, it will be activated, again. Any idea on how to solve this? Maybe some ini-write/access/permission issue?
Claude
civiliza

Re: ScrobblerDJ V2.19 - Updated 3/11/2013

Post by civiliza »

Hmm, presumably by disable permanently you mean the On/Off button which only seems to work as long as MediaMonkey is open (if not please get back to me). By the looks of it, it resets to On every time MediaMonkey is restarted. I'll have a look at the code to see if there is anything silly going on.
civiliza

ScrobblerDJ V2.20

Post by civiliza »

hintergrundrauschen wrote:I cannot seem to disable Scrobber DJ permanently. Every time I start up MM, it will be activated, again. Any idea on how to solve this? Maybe some ini-write/access/permission issue?
Many apologies, I probably caused that problem when I was bumbling around in the pre 2.00 code.

It seems that when checking the value of a boolean flag in MediaMonkey's data, the total absence of the flag looks the same as the flag being set to false. The original Authors got around this by using two flags - a positive Enabled flag and a negative Disabled flag. Not realising this at the time, and failing to understand it's purpose, removing Disabled was my very first change to the V1.53 code en-route to creating ScrobblerDJ V2.00.

The negative flag only gets checked on startup, and on spotting neither the positive or negative flags were set, the code would assume that both flags were absent and reinstall the default settings. (Presumably your settings kept getting overwritten hintergrundrauschen).

Before I fully realised that it was the negative, I acheived the same functionality by using a new Initialised flag - since it is only checked at startup, the new name is more appropriate.

Totally down to me I'm afraid anyway:

Corrected new version ScrobblerDJ V2.20 Remembers ScrobbblerDJ on/off setting between MediaMonkey sessions.
hintergrundrauschen

Re: ScrobblerDJ V2.20

Post by hintergrundrauschen »

civiliza wrote:Corrected new version ScrobblerDJ V2.20 Remembers ScrobbblerDJ on/off setting between MediaMonkey sessions.
Thanks, works fine! :D
Claude
mcow

Re: ScrobblerDJ V2.20 - Updated 16/11/2013

Post by mcow »

I finally got around to installing this update, motivated by the change where it actually remembers that it's been disabled between sessions; and that does indeed work. I turned it on again briefly; it failed to find a matching track in four tries of rather different tracks, none obscure. I don't know why. I don't use genres myself, so whatever is in the genre field is whatever was filled in at rip (FreeDB) or download; but the source playlist has some 6700 tracks in it, and very representative of my scrobble history, do there ought to have been matches.

Later, I will try to uninstall again and see if the fix from 2.19 addresses the problem I had last year with error messages after uninstall.
Trev1

LastFM and Auto DJ playlist (now playing) question

Post by Trev1 »

Last FM playlist :
In a previous version of Media Monkey (I am currently using 4.1) I had an option, that while a song was 'now playing' , I could click on a button in
the media tree and it generated a playlist , checking the LastFM database for similar artists and putting together a playlist for me. I can't remember if
this was a script or part of the media monkey nodes or what?

Auto DJ problem :
At the moment all I have is the 'AUTO DJ' function on, which adds songs to my 'Now Playing' but the problem is that if I am playing a blues track the
next one could be classical, or if I am playing a country track then next one could be folk and then the mood is broken. Is there anyway I can set up
Auto DJ to add similar artists or songs to my 'now playing' to give it more of a flow. Nothing worse at the moment when I am listening to a nice relaxation
album and the next song is ACDC and blows my head off!!

Any help here really appreciated thanks!
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As for Auto-DJ, no, you can select what it should pick from (Collection/Playlist), but can't have similar files auto-added.
civiliza

Re: LastFM and Auto DJ playlist (now playing) question

Post by civiliza »

Trev1 wrote:Auto DJ problem :
At the moment all I have is the 'AUTO DJ' function on, which adds songs to my 'Now Playing' but the problem is that if I am playing a blues track the
next one could be classical, or if I am playing a country track then next one could be folk and then the mood is broken. Is there anyway I can set up
Auto DJ to add similar artists or songs to my 'now playing' to give it more of a flow. Nothing worse at the moment when I am listening to a nice relaxation
album and the next song is ACDC and blows my head off!!

Any help here really appreciated thanks!
This ScrobblerDJ add-on can do something like that, but it's primary purpose is to pick the next song from the list of similar (as determined by Last.FM) artists. If no similar artist can be found (or all the "similar" artists have been played too recently) it will pick a song with the same genre if possible. Theoretically it ought to reduce random transitions such as the ones you have described, but since the final fallback is a random track, such transitions would still be possible, just less likely.

Note - Both Auto-DJ and Scrobbler-DJ add (single) tracks to the end of Now Playing, so only one of the two should be turned on at any given time.
Trev1

Re: LastFM and Auto DJ playlist (now playing) question

Post by Trev1 »

civiliza wrote:
Trev1 wrote:Auto DJ problem :

This ScrobblerDJ add-on can do something like that, but it's primary purpose is to pick the next song from the list of similar (as determined by Last.FM) artists. If no similar artist can be found (or all the "similar" artists have been played too recently) it will pick a song with the same genre if possible. Theoretically it ought to reduce random transitions such as the ones you have described, but since the final fallback is a random track, such transitions would still be possible, just less likely.

Note - Both Auto-DJ and Scrobbler-DJ add (single) tracks to the end of Now Playing, so only one of the two should be turned on at any given time.
Thanks for that I have Scrobbler-DJ installed but the problem now is that even though I have a large library it keeps adding tracks from the default playlist.
Its telling me that i dont have the artist in my library or my settings are too tight.

What to do? any workaround?
Trev1

Problem with Last.fm DJ ,, please help!

Post by Trev1 »

I just installed Last.fm DJ with the latest version of Media Monkey.

However when it comes to the last track it always default to the 'top 50 playlist' telling me that 'could not locate artist in lastfm' ??
I have tried this with artists like Elvis Presley and it still gives me that message? Basically it always gives that message and does not work.

Where am I going wrong and is there a solution to this problem??

thank you

Installation:
-Install the latest beta of MediaMonkey (this has been tested with MediaMonkey 3.0.3 Beta 1, though it should also work with MediaMonkey 3.0.2)
-Double-click the downloaded file, and agree to install
-Go to Tools > Options > Auto-DJ and enable the Auto-DJ
-Set the Auto-DJ to Add 1 upcoming track to the Now Playing list
-Choose Add Tracks from: Last.fm DJ, and press configure to change settings
-Click OK until you exit the Options panel, and then Add a single track to the Now Playing list that you wish to seed your playlist, and start playing the track.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
civiliza

Post by civiliza »

Hello if you use Tools->Options->Player->ScrobblerDJ Settings, you can change some of the ScrobblerDJ behaviour.

Amoungst the settings are the choice of Default Playlist and the Minimal Match.

Minimal Match is particularly relevant because Last.FM returns similarity ratings, and any artists falling below the Minimal Similarity Rating will be ignored.

For my personal library I find that a Minimal Match value of 25% works reasonably well, but even then I can hit dead ends when all the similar artists above that value have been played recently (as determined by the other ScrobblerDJ settings).

By the way, Last.FM's similarity ratings are umm, how shall I put this? inconsistant - just because artist A is highly similar to artist B does not mean that artist B will be similar to artist A - hence the need to loosen off the Minimal Match to maintain a flow of vaguely similar artists. It's far from ideal, but as others have commented, it can lead you on a tour through your music library rather than playing the same few tracks over and over.
civiliza

Post by civiliza »

I just reread your post, and in retrospect it isn't that Elvis Presley is not similar to other artrists, it is just that the artists who are highly similar are not in your music library.

When ScrobblerDJ receives a list of similar artists from Last.FM, it first discards all whose similarity is below the Minimum Match, and then sees if any of the others are in your library, is so it will choose one at random, otherwise it will indicate that it cannot find a similar artist and try to match genre (as determined by the genre fields in your library).