PlaylistManager (Revamp of PlaylistPanel, MM4 ONLY)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

76firefly

Re: PlaylistManager (Revamp of PlaylistPanel, MM4 ONLY)

Post by 76firefly »

Thank god this script was updated, didn't want to update to MM 4.1 until i knew this would work with it! One question, the old version changed the order of the playlist if you were playing a song that was already on a playlist, it would show whatever playlists that song was on and display it first. Is there an option to have that same feature? Thanks in advance.
eepman

Post by eepman »

I haven't touched this script in quite a while, but I am also interested in fixing a few of the outstanding bugs and repairing some of the features that went missing from the original version. Maybe I'll get to working on this in the next few weeks... :wink:
radium.io -- build software fearlessly
djmt99

Post by djmt99 »

Yes please! See my reported issue, a few posts up (about window moving)
Disc Jockey (DJ & VJ) ; AV & Lighting Tech ; Music Lover of all types
MediaMonkey Gold - Proud Lifetime License holder, Since Aug 2008
djmt99

Post by djmt99 »

eepman wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:32 am I haven't touched this script in quite a while, but I am also interested in fixing a few of the outstanding bugs and repairing some of the features that went missing from the original version. Maybe I'll get to working on this in the next few weeks... :wink:
It's been a few weeks! :)
Disc Jockey (DJ & VJ) ; AV & Lighting Tech ; Music Lover of all types
MediaMonkey Gold - Proud Lifetime License holder, Since Aug 2008
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Hello eepman,

By the way, your download link is invalid
Sorry, Google translated
Last edited by Erwin Hanzl on Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
MMW 4.1.30.1912 Gold-Beta-Standardinstallation | Meine Einstellungen | Bilder hochladen (verwende danach BBCode(Vollansicht-Link))
AutoChangeEqualizer | Clear Field 1.3 | CustomFieldsTagger 1.0.3.0 | Discogs Tagger 5.7.6 | External Tools 1.4.
FindCurrentPlayingTrack 1.3.2 | Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.2.0.0 | PlaylistManager | Randomise Playlist 1.3.
MMA 1.4.2.0938 Free Beta-Tester | Huawei Mate 20 Pro 128GB | Android H3G.AT 10.1.0.4(CT) | USB-Cable-Sync
Win 10 Vers.2004 PRO 64-Bit | Defender mit Echtzeitschutz | I7-3840 QM 2,8 GHz 4-Kern | RAM: 32 GB
Samsung-SSD on board: 840 PRO-512 GB und 860 PRO-2 TB | Extern: SSD T7-2 TB
eepman

Post by eepman »

Erwin Hanzl wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:45 am By the way, your download link is invalid
Sorry, Google translated
Hi Erwin,
I've updated the link the original post, thanks for the reply. I hope you find this extension useful.
radium.io -- build software fearlessly
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Hello eepman,

I am already really impressed and excited. I've been looking for that for years.

BUT, two important things remain to be done - please:

1. After changing, the window can be manipulated::: pPlaylistPanel.ShowCaption = True

Code: Select all

Sub OnStartup
	Call VerifyConfig
	Call UI.AddOptionSheet("PlaylistPanel",Script.ScriptPath,"InitSheet1","SaveSheet1",-3)

Set pPlaylistPanel = UI.NewDockablePersistentPanel("PlayListPanel") 
	if pPlaylistPanel.IsNew then 
		pPlaylistPanel.DockedTo = 1
		pPlaylistPanel.Common.Width = 250 
	end if 
	pPlaylistPanel.Caption = "Playlists" 
	pPlaylistPanel.ShowCaption = True   '====== MY CHANGE  Old: FALSE =====
2. BUG: if I have at least 3 identical titles with different artists, it cannot be deleted from the playlist.
....I saw in the script that it only works with "Title" as a comparison.
....The solution: Title & ArtistName? OR "PATH"? OR "Filename"?

Example: I have 3 music tracks: "Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone" with 3 different artists in the playlist "BRENNER".

I change to the "Monitored" folder "_MUSIK"
I cannot remove a song from the playlist: "BRENNER" . Regardless of whether single marking or multiple marking.

So that your script can be used safely, I look forward to an update soon. :wink:
Last edited by Erwin Hanzl on Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:42 am, edited 30 times in total.
MMW 4.1.30.1912 Gold-Beta-Standardinstallation | Meine Einstellungen | Bilder hochladen (verwende danach BBCode(Vollansicht-Link))
AutoChangeEqualizer | Clear Field 1.3 | CustomFieldsTagger 1.0.3.0 | Discogs Tagger 5.7.6 | External Tools 1.4.
FindCurrentPlayingTrack 1.3.2 | Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.2.0.0 | PlaylistManager | Randomise Playlist 1.3.
MMA 1.4.2.0938 Free Beta-Tester | Huawei Mate 20 Pro 128GB | Android H3G.AT 10.1.0.4(CT) | USB-Cable-Sync
Win 10 Vers.2004 PRO 64-Bit | Defender mit Echtzeitschutz | I7-3840 QM 2,8 GHz 4-Kern | RAM: 32 GB
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Hello eepman,

I worked with your script for a long time. It is very tiring for the eyes to look for the active checkboxes.
So I had a solution to this problem - but in no hurry.

You should leave the selection of the appropriate colors to the users.
The user can then adapt your label to the skin.

With that you would have created a unique tool that would be great for managing playlists.
Enough honey? :wink:

Best regards, Erwin
Sorry, Google translated

Example: