[REQ] - Capacity Warning

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

creativconfusion

[REQ] - Capacity Warning

Post by creativconfusion »

Last night I set up a wifi sync and launched it before bed. This morning I woke up and nothing has happened. No new songs or playlists have been loaded. I am left to believe that the sync terminated due to lack of free space (which is definitely possible), but I am really wondering why I wasn't warned that I don't have enough space.

Is there a way that a rough size calculation could be performed (MMW definitely has this data) and a warning could pop up indicating that the selected playlists exceed the free capacity of the target storage?

This could take place while checking the boxes for playlists or could be performed at the very beginning of the sync process.

I think people would rather know that by removing a playlist their sync will be successful.

PS - It would also be really nice if we could go into options and view a sync log or something. This would allow me to confirm what actually happened.
Lowlander

Re: [REQ] - Capacity Warning

Post by Lowlander »

You can send a debug log from MMA (from About screen) right after you experience problems so the developers can look into what happened.
creativconfusion

Post by creativconfusion »

Lowlander, the problem isn't for the Devs, its for the user.

I want the user to be able to see if he/she has selected too much content for the chosen storage space.
I would rather get a capacity warning on the front end of a sync rather than go through the process and get a notification of a failed sync at the end ... hours later in my case.
BigInJapan

Post by BigInJapan »

I'm with you on this, creativconfusion. I spent a lot of time recently trying to figure out why sync kept failing on one of my devices only to eventually realize it was because my sync list was bigger than the space I had left. MMA gave me no help in figuring that out.

Ideally, it should warn of this right after the 'Analyzing sync list' screen. I could see that being tricky though, since sync can transcode on the fly. So if not that, then at the very least, when it fails, it should state that it failed due to insufficient storage. All I was getting was the generic "Sync Failed" message.
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

This is odd because i added some files to a playlist that syncs to my GS3 but it continually pops up with Not Enough Space .. continue?
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

I does on mine to. I suspect that if not then you have some option turned off.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
BigInJapan

Post by BigInJapan »

That's weird. I might have to go intentionally overload mine just to see. It's been a month or so since I last ran into it. Maybe something changed.

Are you getting that message from MediaMonkey or from Android itself?
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I get the message from MMW during the sync process .. it will let me continue if i want to max out the media.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig