Album Art and ratings

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

futureblast

Album Art and ratings

Post by futureblast »

Using the latest beta on a galaxy note pro. Ratings have not been copied over to the device. Album art is not displayed for individual tracks as is done on the desktop version. I have many compilation albums with each track having its own album art tag, it's seems to assign the album art from the first track in the album to all the other tracks.
Lowlander

Re: Album Art and ratings

Post by Lowlander »

How did you transfer the files to the device? Only sync from MMW to MMA (USB with MMA installed or wifi) is expected to get you all metadata.
Robb

Post by Robb »

I synced directly to the memory card as a device showing in MMW tree.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then you're relying on Google Media to pick up tags and it is limited.

I suggest you do a direct MMW to MMA sync (ie. SD card in device). Sync can be either wifi (slower, but works more reliable for some) or USB. This will have MMW update the MMA database with more tag data.
Robb

Post by Robb »

Thanks a lot, that solved the ratings not being transferred over, the only reason I use the card directly in the PC is because of better USB 3.0 speeds i was getting over the Galaxy Note.
This hasn't fixed the artwork issue though, if its a compilation album MMA only shows one artwork on all the tracks (not sure if it takes it from the first track to transfer in the album and then assigns it to the album in the database or if it writes it to the tag for each track when it transfers them) rather than showing the artwork embedded in the tags for each individual track as MMW does.
A lot of my music is individual tracks I have ripped from vinyl, to try and keep some order i tend to put them into albums i create based on year, I try to tag them with the original artists picture when possible and then use 'various artists' for the album artist.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Robb wrote:This hasn't fixed the artwork issue though, if its a compilation album MMA only shows one artwork on all the tracks
It's designed that way. MMW does the same thing. You'll need to create separate Albums if you want separate Art.