Suggestion: Voice control

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

zombiefly

Suggestion: Voice control

Post by zombiefly »

I have been playing around with google now, which builds on google voice in newer android versions. I've been toying with the concept of being able to control my music in the car by shouting at the phone :)

Currently, it's possible to press the google now/voice button (microphone icon) and say "Play U2", if the phone hears correctly, it'll pop up a prompt on screen which currently lists the registered music applications on the phone. When you click the desired app, it automatically plays artist U2.

So I was thinking.. Is it possible to implement the google voice recognition tools into MMA? If this is possible (i'm going to do a bit of research on this) there could be a voice control button on screen in MMA. When you pressed it, the sound would mute (to allow you to speak) and you could say "play U2", then MMA would select the artist playlist and play automatically.

If this is possible as described above, it may also be possible to send chains of voice commands, for example, "PLAY ALBUM <NAME>". MMA could react accordingly, possibly recognising words such as ALBUM, PLAYLIST, GENRE etc.

I'm not sure it's possible to integrate the voice services in this way (inside and application), so i'm going to look into that and post back. If it is possible to do this though, then this would be a fantastic feature for MMA in "car mode"... does anyone think this is a good idea/know more about it?

Update 1: for MMA to react to voice actions (so you can use voice to say PLAY <ARTIST>" then you will need to implement the API to be actionable by Voice Actions. This would be a good idea anyway, so voice users have the option of controlling MMA via google voice. As far as I can tell, the voice actions already allow what i've defined above, MMA just needs to be connected to the voice API. here's a list of commands that you can use

Listen to" followed by words for music you want to search for, such as the name of a song, artist, or album YouTube opens with the results of your search for music. If you install another application that works with the "Listen to" Voice Action, you’re prompted to pick which application you want to open. "Listen to: smells like teen spirit"

I've also found an application on Google Play which extends voice to do exactly what i've described.

Listen to a song, a playlist, an album or all songs from an artist (supports local phone media, and listen to a playlist, an album and to all songs from an artist works and has been tested only with Google Music Player, PowerAMP, Music PlayerPro and Winamp)

So providing MMA was "voice aware" this app may take away the need for internal support? whatever, it proves that it can be done.

Currently I can't test it as MMA is not recognised as a voice aware app. Would it be possible to implement that as the first stage so I can test further? I have purchased the app and will test later with PlayerPro
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
rovingcowboy

Re: Suggestion: Voice control

Post by rovingcowboy »

Sounds good, you might like it on mmw too, there is a script for that in mmw now, i forget name of it but link to thread is in the helpful messages page in my signature. Some where towards the bottom items? :) it is #26 on my page.

Here is link

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=53204
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

Voice control is the only reason I'm still using the Google Play Music app on my phone, so I would really love to see MMA on the list of apps when I run a voice search. It's infinitely useful while driving.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

It would be a great boon for android specifically ... a nice to have with MMW I guess but for driving ... I could leave my hands on the wheel <G>
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
jiri

Post by jiri »

This is planned to be implemented as a post 1.0 feature.

Jiri
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Bravo! Although having some sync issues with the current beta it is very good and look forward to the future of MMA
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
nonob

Post by nonob »

Hi,
Is ther anay news about control mma from google voice search ?
When i say "Listen to U2", it is played but in my inbuil music player apollo (Cyanogemnmod).
How can i force google to use mma instead ?

Thanks
Website "Le Geek du Cerisier" : MediaMonkey
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

nonob wrote:Hi,
Is ther anay news about control mma from google voice search ?
When i say "Listen to U2", it is played but in my inbuil music player apollo (Cyanogemnmod).
How can i force google to use mma instead ?

Thanks
+1 on this, it would be useful. how does it work exactly with your current implementation? is it permanently listening or do you have to press something first?
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
nonob

Post by nonob »

Actually, i say "ok google" then "i want to listen music "madonna".
google voice say me "playing madonna" and apollo i started and play this artist.

In the list of google result, i also have youtube and spotify, but not mma.
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)
BigInJapan

Post by BigInJapan »

I'm looking forward to this functionality. Hope it's not too much longer. It's what I was trying to get at with this post: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 21&t=77348.
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?
rusty

Post by rusty »

We're hoping to fit this in 1.1. Tracked at:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12102
nonob

Post by nonob »

So, with ok google, we can start playing an artist, an album or a track, but for more general voice control, do you know an app which can control actions like "pause, next, increase/decrease volume, etc.." , i don't think that ok google can do that..
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

Would love to see voice control for MMA. PLEASE allow it to rate tracks as well as the usual play / pause/ choose. :)

Is there any chance srcipts / addons will start to appear for MMA?

The ability to rate with voice and automatically skip to next track would be heaven. I could go for a long walk on a cold day and keep my hands warm ;)
rusty

Post by rusty »

We actually added voice control to the most recent 1.1 builds. However, we've found that it doesn't work very well--it seems that even when you configure MMA to play, Android 'forgets' and repeatedly uses Google Music. This appears to be a problem with Android rather than MMA as it occurs with other players as well.

You can see more details at:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12500

-Rusty
nonob

Post by nonob »

Thanks for your work and good luck :)