Some clumps of songs won't play

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

macintaka

Post by macintaka »

Some groups of songs are not playing for me. What happens is, for instance, I try to listen to one of my three versions of 'Tommy'. I see the song titles are white so it looks like they're available for playing. When I click on them, though, they turn grey and the program proceeds to cycle quickly through all three versions of 'Tommy' and then it begins to play a David Bowie song which is next in the list.

I'm using the latest version of MediaMonkey.
I'm using Windows 7.
The path is good.
All are MP3's and one was even downloaded much earlier than the others and from a different place.
I read the article in the knowledge base on the web site, did everything it suggested and same thing happened.
The songs play in 3 other programs including Windows Media Player.

Do you need any more info?

Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Some clumps of songs won't play

Post by Lowlander »

Sounds like you're using MMW and not MM8?
pocketlama

Post by pocketlama »

Sorry, I put this in the wrong room. I'm windows 7. I don't know how to delete this.
Lowlander wrote:Sounds like you're using MMW and not MM8?
pocketlama

Post by pocketlama »

Some groups of songs are not playing for me. What happens is, for instance, I try to listen to one of my three versions of 'Tommy'. I see the song titles are white so it looks like they're available for playing. When I click on them, though, they turn grey and the program proceeds to cycle quickly through all three versions of 'Tommy' and then it begins to play a David Bowie song which is next in the list.

I'm using the latest version of MediaMonkey.
I'm using Windows 7.
The path is good.
All are MP3's and one was even downloaded much earlier than the others and from a different place.
I read the article in the knowledge base on the web site, did everything it suggested and same thing happened.
The songs play in 3 other programs including Windows Media Player.

Do you need any more info?

Thanks!
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
pocketlama

Post by pocketlama »

I went and downloaded an old version of MM and things are working just fine now. Oh, and I'm a gold user now, I wonder if that had anything to do with it.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

pocketlama

Post by pocketlama »

I saw that and I already did pretty much every thing on that page and MM was still doing it.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do files that fail play when you open them from Windows Explorer in MediaMonkey?
pocketlama

Post by pocketlama »

I didn't try that, but since I went back to 4.1.4 it seems to be working perfectly. I uninstalled 4.1.5 using Revo Uninstaller which got all the preferences and other MM files sitting in different places on my computer. I guess I should have tried that while things were still going wrong. :-)

Lowlander wrote:Do files that fail play when you open them from Windows Explorer in MediaMonkey?
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Are the paths on them all exactly the same?
Did you try Locate/Moved missing files?

I had a similar problem where the paths were all the same and Locate.... worked.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
pocketlama

Post by pocketlama »

I'll try that if I decide to upgrade to the current version again. Thanks

MMFrLife wrote:Are the paths on them all exactly the same?
Did you try Locate/Moved missing files?

I had a similar problem where the paths were all the same and Locate.... worked.