[SOLVED] Scrobble and NowPlaying wont work on 5.0.1/5.0.2

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Nedorus

[SOLVED] Scrobble and NowPlaying wont work on 5.0.1/5.0.2

Post by Nedorus »

Since a couple of weeks ago my MMA stopped scrobbling anything. I tried a reinstall as well as a change to different scrobblers (usully I use LastFM but Simple and Scrobble Droid habe the same problem.)

DroidNP doesn't get the current info either.

This problem cannot be older than Dec 19 as I have evidence that at least one of my Android deviced scrobbled on that day.

I have this problem on two devices

Samsung Galaxy Tab4 (SM-T530) with Android 5.0.2

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Docomo Variant) with 5.0.1

Both roms are stock, unrooted.

MMA on both devices is 1.1.3.0502

Regards
BigInJapan

Re: Scrobble and NoePlaying wont work on Android 5.0.1/5.0.2

Post by BigInJapan »

I'm also not seeing any scrobbling from MMA lately.
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?
rusty

Post by rusty »

It's really strange because afaik, we didn't make any playback-related changes recently.

Moreover, it's working fine for me.

To verify the obvious--just in case: is the checkbox for the plugin you're using enabled?

Thanks.

-Rusty
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Note that as Rusty said that you need to enable the scrobbling App of choice in MMA and that in the scrobbling App you may need to enable Now Playing scrobbling and often can submit frequency, so it may not scrobble till you have played 25 or more files.

It works fine for me on the latest build (on an older Android though).
Nedorus

Post by Nedorus »

Good news first: problem solved!

However:
Is is strange ...
I re-checked all my settings just to make sure ...nothing, no scrobble, no now playing

I changed to simple last.fm (tried this ealier with no change to the problem). SLFM has more options to change scrobbling behaviour ...

MMA doesn't show up under "enable apps". just to make sure i install poweramp and it emediatly shows up there ... I enable it and it starts scrobbling like a charm ...

Then I get prompted for an update for MMA (version 1.1.3.0529) I update and it suddenly shows up in simple last.fm under enable apps... I enable it and it starts scrobbling like there had never been a problem ... hmmmmm ?????

Just did the switch to SLFM on my other device .... nothing, doesn't show up under enable apps ... did the MMA update and bingo, everything is fine ... (i just skipped the poweramp step as I really don't want to use that... and obviously there was something in MMA 1.1.3.0502 that made scrobbling not work)
Nedorus

Post by Nedorus »

one more point:
I find it a little odd that there is no build in method to post now-playing to popular social media (e.g. Twitter) I really don't care much about Last.FM and constant scrobbling ... I use it only as a tool to be able to quickly post,now playing infos to twitter and facebook ... but maybe that hase already been discussed elsewhere (^_-)
Nedorus

Post by Nedorus »

ohhh forgot to say thanks (๑´•.̫ • `๑)

Thanks to everyone who replied and helped here!
BigInJapan

Post by BigInJapan »

I do not seem to be able to scrobble using the official Last.fm app or Scrobble Droid. However, Simple Last.fm Scrobbler seems to work fine. I'm ok with that. As long as at least one works, I don't really care which scrobbler I use. It just seems odd that only that one seems to work for me.

MMA: 1.1.3.0530
Device: Galaxy S4 GPE
Android: Stock 5.1

I had previously been using the official Last.fm app, and it worked at some point. I noticed it wasn't around the same time this thread started, but I wasn't watching that closely. I don't know when it really started on my end. I'm not really even sure if it's an MMA issue or a Last.fm app issue.
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?
Nedorus

Post by Nedorus »

Update: This gets even stranger. Today Droid NP stopped updating to the current track. I checked if there had been any updates (MMA, Droid NP, Simple Last FM) but nothing relevant had been updated recently.
Then I noticed that the widget also didn't update. Tapping the widget opened MMA alright and there the correctinfo was displayed, but all the other apps didn't correctly update. No scrobbles either.

Now 2 hours later Droind NP is all back to normal. The widget is back to normal. Now the scrobbles also work again.

Its like all the now playing info got stuck in a pipe or something ... weird!
Peke

Re: [SOLVED] Scrobble and NowPlaying wont work on 5.0.1/5.0.

Post by Peke »

This should be solved in 1.1.3.535 Beta we improved scrobbling support.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts